Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Blogs > Roy Sanborn
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Site Navigation
» Quiz
» Articles - Information
» Recent Forum Threads
Ice-Out Declared!
Yesterday 05:14 PM
Last post by WinnisquamZ
Today 08:38 PM
10 Replies, 1,594 Views
A New Chinese restaurant...
02-28-2024 02:41 PM
Last post by bushwack1
Today 03:06 PM
30 Replies, 5,241 Views
How safe is downtown ...
03-12-2024 05:41 AM
Last post by John Mercier
Today 02:30 PM
70 Replies, 7,058 Views
Town Budgets Mild Winter
Today 02:32 AM
by Chubby
Last post by John Mercier
Today 09:03 AM
1 Replies, 772 Views
ENSO Japanese Steak House
03-15-2024 12:34 PM
Last post by webmaster
Today 08:00 AM
6 Replies, 1,571 Views
» Made in USA
Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

A Christmas House

Submit "A Christmas House" to Facebook Submit "A Christmas House" to Digg Submit "A Christmas House" to Google Submit "A Christmas House" to Twitter
Posted 12-21-2013 at 11:11 AM by Roy Sanborn

A Christmas House

As Walter Mathau often said in Grumpy Old Men, “Holy Moley” Christmas is almost here. Last month there were 89 residential home sales in the twelve towns in this Lakes Region market report. That means a good number of families will be celebrating Christmas in a new home and that’s pretty cool. The average sales price last month was $227,738 and the median price point was $174,750. Last November there were 86 sales at an average of $332,653. Next month we’ll get to see the year end numbers which should be pretty interesting!

Everybody loves to be home at Christmas. Well, there are a few of us that would rather be on a warm tropical beach with a Mai Tai in hand and a good book to read, but you get my point. As a REALTOR®, I get to see a lot of homes during the course of the year and there are some pretty nice ones where you say “Wow, I’d love to spend the holidays here!” Unfortunately, those homes are also generally pretty expensive but we can dream, can’t we?

I really like the waterfront home at 68 Wagon Wheel Trail in Meredith. This home may have 8,000 square feet of living space but it is not over powering. It feels, warm and cozy particularly when you have a fire going in one of its five fireplaces. This exceptional, six bedroom, eight bath, Adirondack has everything you could possibly want. The huge two story great room has a massive stone fireplace, beamed ceilings, hardwood floors, and a great view of the lake. The adjacent custom kitchen features high end appliances, granite counter tops, center island, beautiful tile and stone work, and gorgeous cherry cabinetry. A formal dining area is located just off the kitchen featuring large windows, wainscoting, plus a soaring octagonal wood ceiling. An elegant and sumptuous first floor master suite is located on the opposite end of the home with its own fireplace, vaulted wood ceilings, hardwood floors, and wainscoting.

Down in the walkout lower level is a family room that could host your next Super Bowl party complete with bar, pool table, and fireplace. You’ll also find a large wine cellar, sauna, steam room, exercise, and media room plus two more bedrooms. Upstairs there are three more comfortable bedrooms for holiday guests and a balcony where you can watch the festivities in the great room. And that great room will easily hold the biggest Christmas tree that you can imagine. This home truly has that Christmas holiday home zeal. It is currently priced at $4.75 million and comes with my Christmas to Remember guarantee.

If something a little more rustic, but still elegant, is your idea of a holiday home how about a luxury log cabin with lake views? The 4,200 square foot, four bedroom, three bath luxury log home at 50 Marjorie’s Way in Gilford will certainly fit that bill. This home was built in 2007 on an 11 acre lot providing both privacy and great views of Winnipesaukee and mountains beyond. You can watch Santa’s sleigh coming your way as it passes over Mt Washington. This open concept home has a massive great room with a two story fireplace, exposed beams, and soaring pine ceilings.

The kitchen boasts beautiful cabinetry, a center island with cook top, lots of built-ins, and something you don’t see too often; a built in 150 gallon salt water fish tank. There’s radiant in-floor heat on the first floor including the spacious master suite which features a jetted tub, separate shower, double sink vanity, tile floors, and pine ceilings. Upstairs are three more charming quest bedrooms and a large family room in the loft area. You can enjoy the views from the large deck that encompasses most of the front of the home or from the three season porch. This home is priced at $849,000 and worth a look if you want that Rocky Mountain style Christmas home.

I would be totally remiss if I didn’t have the waterfront home at 296 Edgewater Drive in Gilford on my list of Christmas homes. This 22,000 square foot, five bedroom, six bath home is fabulous enough on its own, but the owners take the Christmas holiday and decorating to a new level. This is like Christmas on steroids, but so much fun. As you enter the grounds and approach the 50’ high tree with oversized presents and ornaments on the lawn, Christmas music automatically begins playing to let you know you have arrived at Santa’s workshop on Winnipesaukee. Holiday lights outline the entire façade of this home just like on Christmas Vacation and there’s a group of elves, snowmen, reindeer, and a sleigh on the front lawn. A huge wreath is perched above the front entry which is flanked by animated, six foot tall, soldier nutcrackers that waive their arms and turn their heads. Entering the foyer you are immediately greeted by another tree with a group of carolers singing to you from the grand staircase which is also decked out with garland and lights. In fact, everywhere you look it seems Santa’s elves have been busy, leaving nary a corner without some sign of the season.

The living room has the largest indoor tree complete with a large scale train circling around it. A festive Ferris wheel, poinsettias, and plenty of stockings on the mantle seem to indicate this is the center of activity on Christmas morn. An adjacent sitting room is also decked out in holiday splendor and the formal dining room looks set for a Christmas Eve feast. There is a grand home theater room with two more trees, plus another one in the lobby so that makes three. OK, now, I am rhyming, but you would be too if you saw this home shining. OK, OK, stop it! This home is so unbelievable, you wonder if it is real. Watch the Christmas video below and let’s make a deal. I’m done now…
Merry Christmas to one and all and especially to those that want a new house!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m479jW8aPZ8

Data compiled using the NNEREN MLS Syste

Posted in General
Share Views 13916 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments