Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Blogs > Roy Sanborn
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Site Navigation
» Quiz
» Articles - Information
» Recent Forum Threads
Ice-Out Declared!
Yesterday 05:14 PM
Last post by WinnisquamZ
Today 08:38 PM
10 Replies, 1,650 Views
A New Chinese restaurant...
02-28-2024 02:41 PM
Last post by bushwack1
Today 03:06 PM
30 Replies, 5,273 Views
How safe is downtown ...
03-12-2024 05:41 AM
Last post by John Mercier
Today 02:30 PM
70 Replies, 7,137 Views
Town Budgets Mild Winter
Today 02:32 AM
by Chubby
Last post by John Mercier
Today 09:03 AM
1 Replies, 797 Views
ENSO Japanese Steak House
03-15-2024 12:34 PM
Last post by webmaster
Today 08:00 AM
6 Replies, 1,626 Views
» Made in USA
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

An Almost Indescribable Winnipesaukee Waterfront Home

Submit "An Almost Indescribable Winnipesaukee Waterfront Home" to Facebook Submit "An Almost Indescribable Winnipesaukee Waterfront Home" to Digg Submit "An Almost Indescribable Winnipesaukee Waterfront Home" to Google Submit "An Almost Indescribable Winnipesaukee Waterfront Home" to Twitter
Posted 02-08-2013 at 12:49 PM by Roy Sanborn

As REALTORS® we get to see a wide variety of property in the Lakes Region. We see everything from humble cottages and antique capes to stunning condominiums and extravagant waterfront estates. And, these properties vary from being run down, decrepit, and perhaps uninhabitable to extraordinary, exquisite, and amazing. REALTORS® are adept in the use of other adjectives like spectacular, pristine, stellar, remarkable, beautiful, high quality, and on and on to describe some of the nicer properties. Some of the adjectives get so overused that buyers might not believe the property is as nice as it is described. Sometimes the descriptions do fall a little short of reality.

I had the pleasure of attending an open house at a Winnipesaukee waterfront home at 144 Springfield Point Road in Wolfeboro this past week. I would have to say whatever adjectives you want to use that are synonymous with “simply amazing” will work just fine but they will fail to adequately describe just how spectacular this home is. My first reaction was a little similar to the feeling I got when visiting the Biltmore Estate in North Carolina. It kind of leaves you at a loss for words and you just end up muttering single syllable words like “wow.”

The property is called Lakeside Manor and was constructed in 2006 by well known builder John Lovering. It took three years to complete this Arts and Crafts style home which has won numerous architectural awards. It sits majestically on a 58 acre parcel of land with 2,349 feet of southwesterly facing frontage on Winnipesaukee. The home encompasses a mere 17,300 square feet of exquisitely done, but not over done, to create a very livable lake front home. There we go with those adjectives again, but it is hard to stop with this home.

You arrive through the covered grand entry into the foyer and are immediately struck by the beautiful wood flooring and fine wood details including rich wood paneling, massive columns supporting a triangular pediment above the entry to a elegant formal dining room, and curved wood moldings on the ceiling that echo the curved tower staircase that leads up two more levels. The center of the home is the two story, open concept great room featuring a thirty foot stone fireplace, cathedral ceilings, beautiful moose motif light fixtures, multiple sitting areas, and a wall of glass facing the lake. The gourmet kitchen features every imaginable high end appliance known to man, a pantry, a dining service room, a breakfast bar as well as a less formal dining area with views of the lake.

The sumptuous first floor master has a gas fireplace, hardwood floors, access to the outside deck, a luxurious bath, and a master laundry room. This is one of five luxury suites that make up a total of eight bedrooms, two of which are in a separate guest wing complete with its own kitchen, dining, and living room. I would be quite happy with just this section of the home. Then there is an eight bed bunk room up on the third floor with built in bunks, storage closets and drawers. Of course you have an office, four season room, indoor spa room, exercise room, a wine cellar, sauna, indoor and outdoor grilling areas, and not one but three elevators. But did you ever hear of a dedicated X-box room? Then there is the 31 x 20 foot movie theater with tiered floors, plush seating that recline electronically, a massive 110” theater screen, and a custom speaker system.

Down on the lower level is an entertainment room that has got to be near the top of the list for the World’s Ultimate Mancave. There is, of course, a full bar with granite counter tops and plenty of seating plus dedicated areas for poker, darts , game tables, and of course a pool table. There also is a casual sitting area with stone fireplace and views of the lake,. There really is no need for a guy to ever leave here.

Now for some other really important details for us guys. First there is a six bay heated garage and workshop area complete with an automobile lift, custom cabinetry, and heated floors. Second there is a custom 3,800 square foot three bay boat house that is just as nice as the house and four outside slips just in case you can’t fit all the toys inside. Needless to say the grounds and landscaping are impeccable and just as hard to adequately describe at the interior of the home. And, this property also offers a development opportunity if you desire with three different options of having either three or five more waterfront lots and either one, three, or seven non-waterfront lots.
So, this is my best attempt at describing an almost indescribable Winnipesaukee luxury home in a 1,000 words or less. I could go on all day with more space…

This property is currently on the market for $13.6 million and is one of the highest priced offerings ever on the lake. Is it worth it? It’s one of the best we’ve seen and given the development opportunity it could be a great deal. This property is listed by Jodi Hughes at Prudential Spencer Hughes in Wolfeboro but please, pretty please, call me if you’d like to see it. I just want to go there again…and selling it to you wouldn’t hurt my feelings, either!

Posted in Real Estate
Share Views 27464 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments