Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-14-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
Just Sold

Post Assessor's Licensing

The Concord Monitor reported on a bill that would require assessor's to be licensed and under contol of a new 7 member board and not under DRA control as certified assessor's have been since 2005.

Also removal of the "View Tax" was covered.

Here is the link:
http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/p...TORY/703130328
Old 03-14-2007, 09:06 PM   #2
Cow Man

Default Assesment

Interesting article and an important subject considering the tax consequences. View taxes and the calculations of frontage are sore subjects with me. I think both are subjective. I also find it interesting that we seem to do re-evaluations at the top of the real-estate cycle.
Cow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:36 PM   #3
vrrooom

Default Not so funny view situation

When the assessor visited my home, which is not lake front, but lake view: He acutally measured the degrees of unobsructed view (not blocked by trees/structures). I had several concerns 1) what happens when the trees grow, will the town reassess for loss of view? and 2) how about the summer when the leaves block the view? His answer to 2) was they consider the trees discidious - sorry and you were welcome to file for an abatement in 1!. I would also insist on eye tests and psycological evaluations (are they for real) for the assessors as a minimum.
vrrooom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:18 AM   #4
CNHT

Default View Tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrooom
When the assessor visited my home, which is not lake front, but lake view: He acutally measured the degrees of unobsructed view (not blocked by trees/structures). I had several concerns 1) what happens when the trees grow, will the town reassess for loss of view? and 2) how about the summer when the leaves block the view? His answer to 2) was they consider the trees discidious - sorry and you were welcome to file for an abatement in 1!. I would also insist on eye tests and psycological evaluations (are they for real) for the assessors as a minimum.
The VIEW or VU tax is very real, and very subjective.
For more information on how to support the removal of this tax, please visit www.cnht.org
CNHT is offline   Reply With Quote