Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #1
Somalicat

Talking Curves!

Hi! Is there a Curves (gym for women) in the Lakes Region? The Curves website shows a few throughout NH but not in the LR. I've been told by my local gym that the Curves website isn't always on top of locations, so just though I'd ask.
Somalicat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Somalicat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2014, 05:22 PM   #2
Ms. Loony Singer

Default Altrnative to Curves Gym

Unfortunately, all the Curves gyms (Meredith, Laconia, Bristol, & Plymouth) that I'm aware of in the Lakes Region have closed over the last few years. There is, however, a great women's gym now open in Meredith at the Old Province Center on Rt. 104 which I've joined. Patty, the manager, has hydraulic equipment like they have at Curves, but also has a stationary bike, treadmill, elliptical, Pilates Power Gym, Gazelle, and others. She also runs Zumba-type classes. Stop in and check it out. The OPC Women's Fitness Center is in the same mall where the NH Liquor Store is and where Jackson Star Market used to be.
Ms. Loony Singer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Loony Singer For This Useful Post:
Somalicat (05-07-2014)
Old 05-06-2014, 08:56 AM   #3
imalocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Loony Singer View Post
Unfortunately, all the Curves gyms (Meredith, Laconia, Bristol, & Plymouth) that I'm aware of in the Lakes Region have closed over the last few years. There is, however, a great women's gym now open in Meredith at the Old Province Center on Rt. 104 which I've joined. Patty, the manager, has hydraulic equipment like they have at Curves, but also has a stationary bike, treadmill, elliptical, Pilates Power Gym, Gazelle, and others. She also runs Zumba-type classes. Stop in and check it out. The OPC Women's Fitness Center is in the same mall where the NH Liquor Store is and where Jackson Star Market used to be.
Is Patty the same woman who owned the Curves before? Always liked her.
imalocal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to imalocal For This Useful Post:
Somalicat (05-07-2014)
Old 05-06-2014, 05:24 PM   #4
Ms. Loony Singer

Yes, Patty used to own the Meredith Curves. The owners of the OPC Ladies Club were very lucky to get Patty to move back to the Meredith area to manage their new gym. She's super friendly and enthusiastic.
Ms. Loony Singer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:48 AM   #5
Somalicat

Default Women's Gym

Sounds even better than Curves--thank you thank you! I want to keep up my workouts even while enjoying my time in the Lakes area. Really appreciate it, and may see you there!
Somalicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links