Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
VitaBene

Thanked 1,609 Times in 823 Posts
Default Wolfeboro Inn

We stopped for dinner on the way home from Pease last week at the Wolfeboro Inn. I had a great cup of clam chowder for an app. While I only had a burger for my entree, it was outstanding as were the steak tips (I stole one from my companion).

The service was excellent- thank you Kristen (I am not sure how she spells it)!

Nice turnaround Wolfeboro Inn!!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
George Soderberg

Default New Years Eve at Wolfeboro Inn/Wolfe's Tavern

Wolfe's Tavern at the Wolfeboro Inn will be serving until 11:30 PM New Years Eve. We will have entertainment at 9 PM and if you go the distance a complimentary glass of champagne when the ball drops. Last year we served over 400 all night long - it was a great time.

I'll be working all night so I hope to see you there! Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year everyone!

George
George Soderberg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to George Soderberg For This Useful Post:
Chaselady (04-15-2013), lovetheforum (12-23-2012), RLW (12-22-2012)
Old 03-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
Argie's Wife

I finally made it to the W'boro Inn a couple of weeks ago and I'm planning on going back!

The food was excellent, fresh, and reasonably priced. We had 5 at our table and we'd ordered drinks (adult beverages), and 3 apps. One person in our party ordered a salad. The portions were HUGE. Our server was friendly and quite funny - I appreciate having someone with a personality vs. a "robot" server.

I have found the most excellent hot and dirty martini in NH at this place - if you're a martini lover, you have to try it.

I highly recommend this restaurant - it was a very good experience!
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
Chaselady

Default Re. Wolfeboro Inn

Agreed! We have had some wonderful dinners there in the past few months.
Chaselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #5
Barbara

I was fortunate to attend a Chef's Table at the Inn in Feb. It was absolutely fabulous. There were six of us and we were treated like VIP's. Thank you, George, Chef Hoke and Scott. This is going to be a monthly event at the Inn. Contact George for information. It's a great way to get together with a
group of friends for a delicious and unique experience.
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
Chaselady

Default Wolfeboro Inn

We just left Easter Brunch at the Wolfeboro Inn. An amazing experience. Food was excellent, and so was the service!
Chaselady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaselady For This Useful Post:
RLW (03-31-2013)
Old 03-31-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
RLW

Smile Wolfeboro Inn

By the sounds of the last bunch of comments regarding Wolfeboro Inn we need to give the manager George Soderberg a for doing all the great work turning this wonderful eatery to the point that all the writers have praised the Inn, food, atmosphere and all the help in their professional manners serving.

Thanks George Soderberg and all your wonderful staff
Old 03-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #8
camp guy

Default Wolfeboro Inn

I will agree with RLW about all the good work George Soderberg has done at the Wolfeboro Inn; HOWEVER, I think this Forum should get some of the credit for honestly bringing to him the problems individuals experienced at the Inn. Forum members were explicit in their complaints, and I give George high marks for reading this Forum, and putting together a plan based on what he read about what we felt were problems. So, congratulations to the Inn for getting back into the positive side of fine dining.

Now, with a certain humility, I would suggest other restaurants in the Lakes Region might benefit, themselves, by paying attention to what Forum members write about them. Just my $0.02 worth.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to camp guy For This Useful Post:
Chaselady (03-31-2013), Greene's Basin Girl (04-01-2013), Heading4thelake (03-31-2013)
Old 03-31-2013, 05:46 PM   #9
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
I was fortunate to attend a Chef's Table .
Is the Chef's Table FREE....If not, can you say what the cost was relative to normal fare..? Just wondering...NOT Trying to make trouble..:Just curious. NB

BTW: FREE or cheap is always good...

PS: Historical knowledge IS required to understand this post.
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:36 PM   #10
chasedawg

Default Wolfeboro Inn

Our family had the Easter Brunch today at the Wolfeboro Inn. It was outstanding! The place was crowded. The service was quick and very pleasant. The food was fabulous. I saw George. He was working serving out portions behind the french toast and vegetable serving area. He dished out everyone's portions one by one. That is how to get to know your customers by serving them yourself.

I congratulated him on the success he has had improving Service, top notch food quality and pleasing atmosphere.. It now is one of the best places to go for dinning. I told him his approach with the forum really help set the tone to make major improvement of the Wolfeboro Inn for pleasant surroundings and food service and quality. He thanked the help of the forum to identify the issues and it helped him and his staff to focus on the improvements. George and his staff are looking at the forum comments every day. One of the pleasant waitress we had wait on us said that the forum is now located in the kitchen for all to read.

Now that is what everyone in business should take note. Listen to your customer and respond to their needs. Because of the improved reputation wedding accommodations are at the the highest it has been in many years.

Wolfeboro Inn has become again the jewel of Wolfeboro and the Lakes Region.
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post:
CateP (04-10-2013), Greene's Basin Girl (04-01-2013)
Old 04-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #11
tis

Thanked 1,389 Times in 963 Posts

Showing the forum to the employees is a good idea. That way they can see George is not making up the reputation they had, that the Inn Restaurant really had problems, and the employees can see for themselves what the public is saying.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #12
George Soderberg

Default Chefs Table

On behalf of the entire staff we thank you for your kind words. For my part, as I stated many, many posts ago, we listened to you, our current and once former patrons, that passionate group of the Forum, taking each and every comment to heart. Yes this includes posting comments to motivate ourselves to continue to move forward. The real accolades belong to the staff. I was fortunate to be able to bring the remarkable talents of Executive Chef Hoke Wilson formerly of the Thompson House Eatery in Jackson two years ago this month who assembled a passionate culinary team. Simultaneously we focused on service, raising the bar and transitioning staff who didn't share the vision under the Tavern leadership of Scott, Amanda and Jamie (who moved due to her husbands promotion but deserves a lot of credit).

We are highly dedicated to returning the Wolfeboro Inn/Wolfe's Tavern to it's former glory and we hold the view that this is a journey with no end. We will never be satisfied with where we are and will always continue to push the envelop - to challenge ourselves.

As for the Chefs Table, if I have done this correctly, you should see a sample of the Chefs table we recently held. In this case it was a fund raiser so it was complimentary. We offer Chef's Tables in the Winter, Spring and considering Fall (though not final yet) for $35 per person plus tip/tax. For $50per person it includes wine/spirits/beer. The food is abundant, the experience is unmatched. You receive the personal attention of the GM, F&B Director and Exec Chef. I hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Chefs Table 2013.pdf (222.1 KB, 474 views)
CateP (04-10-2013), NoBozo (04-01-2013), RLW (04-01-2013)
Old 04-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #13
George Soderberg

Default Thank You offer to Winnipesaukee Forum Members

Forum Members,

In an effort to show our appreciation to all of you for your ongoing feedback and assistance we would like to extend to you a discount coupon series for all meal periods to use at your leisure. Each coupon covers either Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner with individual expiration dates. There are no use limits or restrictions on who you may choose to pass them on to. This is our gift of appreciation to you.

Many, many thanks.

Enjoy!

George

PS. See my "next post" for coupons with printer friendly background

Last edited by George Soderberg; 04-15-2013 at 07:23 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to George Soderberg For This Useful Post:
camp guy (04-15-2013), CateP (04-16-2013), Dog's Ear (04-16-2013), Heaven (04-15-2013), JMR (04-15-2013), Merrymeeting (04-15-2013), rrr (04-16-2013), Sandy Island fan (04-15-2013)
Old 04-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #14
Island Girl

Default Chef's Table

When is the next Chef's table? It sounds yummy. Congratulations, George, on understanding the value of word of mouth, especially electronic. Good and Bad news travels fast. It sounds like our members are very please with the turn around you engineered. I will come in from the islands to sample your wares once the ice finishes melting... now if you could just blow the rest of that ice out of Wolfeboro Harbor.....

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #15
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,063 Posts
Default Thank you George....

But a suggestion for future things that may be printed out by your customers...Don't have a black background. It uses a ton of black ink!!!

Thanks

Dave
Old 04-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #16
Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
But a suggestion for future things that may be printed out by your customers...Don't have a black background. It uses a ton of black ink!!!

Thanks

Dave
I was able to "select all" and "copy" to a word doc, lost the formatting but also lost the black background : )
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #17
George Soderberg

Default Certificate of Appreciation "revision"

For those of you who seek to use less ink. Thank you for the suggestion.

George
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Winnipesaukee Forum Offer 2013 2.pdf (743.1 KB, 607 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to George Soderberg For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (04-16-2013), DRH (04-18-2013), Greene's Basin Girl (04-16-2013), patman (04-16-2013), Pineedles (04-16-2013), Redwing (05-08-2013), riverat (04-16-2013), RLW (04-16-2013), upthesaukee (04-15-2013)
Old 04-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #18
CateP

Default General's Club

Thank you George!! It has been terrific to see the tavern turn around in the time that you and Scott and Chef Hoke have taken on the reins. I am local so I go to the inn all the time. I joined the General's Club (free) and get a bunch of other perks during the year. If you think you might be going Wolfe's Tavern to eat on a somewhat frequent basis, I would suggest joining.
CateP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #19
George Soderberg

Default Chefs Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Girl View Post
When is the next Chef's table? It sounds yummy. Congratulations, George, on understanding the value of word of mouth, especially electronic. Good and Bad news travels fast. It sounds like our members are very please with the turn around you engineered. I will come in from the islands to sample your wares once the ice finishes melting... now if you could just blow the rest of that ice out of Wolfeboro Harbor.....
The next one is May 2. We have someone interested in that date. I can ask if they are going to book it (they are looking for 4 more people). After that they are any Thursday we have the ability to hold them through Mid-June. So it is best to contact me directly gsoderberg@haycreekhotels.com. Then we will start up again in late fall or early winter.

George
Old 04-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #20
chasedawg

Default Wolfeboro Inn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Girl View Post

I had the distinct pleasure and privilege to attend the Chef's Table last night at Wolfeboro Inn. What an interesting experience. You not only get to taste the latest Chef Hoke presentation, but you get to see first hand how all Chef's, tavern managers and service personal work as a team. The Chef's Table is set up in the kitchen.

Chef Hoke served for samplings his "Starters" of Pan Seared Asian Pork Dumplings. They were just outstanding. Then we were served more samplings of Potato Crusted Calamari. Then out came PEI Mussels. I never knew mussels could taste so great. That was followed by a Roasted Fresh Pineapple, Grilled Tomato, Bacon & Goat Cheese Salad followed With Spinach Salad with Pan Bronzed Shrimp. That was just appetizers. I was overwhelmed how great each one tasted.

After a boneless chicken leg and Wild Mushroom & Eggplant tart for the entree. We were then treated to Mrs. Chef Hoke's desserts. She makes all the desserts every night. Each one is so different, delicious and rich in taste. It is amazing how she comes up with new variations every evening.
They served us while serving dinners to a full house and the banquet room that had over 30 for dinner. All it the same time. At one point during the evening, the chef's became aware that their was a guest in the dinning room that had allergies. One of the other chef's plus Head Chef Hoke went out to check on the guest to see what special dish was right for her.

George and his staff continue to amaze the new experience and success of Wolfeboro Inn. My wife and I had stopped going there a couple years ago, but we have been there several times recently including Easter Brunch.
I learned that all their food is fresh, bought local if available and created in their Wolfeboro Inn kitchen. They offer a General's Club that has today a membership of 1400. They have a feedback system with comment cards from folks who have a meal or stay at the Inn. Each comment card is read with a response from the management. They appear in the Managers monthly report that is reported to Corporate.

Wolfeboro Inn's attendance has more than doubled from previous years we were told and is setting record numbers year over year. One of the other guests at the Chef's Table last night said Wolfeboro Inn is setting a new "gold standard" that other local restaurants are trying to achieve.

Congratulations goes out to George Soderberg, Chef Hoke, Dale Raymond Sous Chef, and Scott Bennett Dir. Food & Beverage for providing a great dinning experience for the general public. I don't know of any other establishment that attempts to be in touch with the their guests with unique dining pleasure through such means as a Chef Table concept.

Keep up the good work George and staff.

Last edited by chasedawg; 04-26-2013 at 09:05 PM. Reason: too congested in the foremat
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post:
beagle (04-27-2013), Bernie Girl (04-27-2013), Happy Gourmand (04-28-2013), Redwing (05-08-2013), RLW (04-27-2013), VitaBene (04-27-2013)
Old 04-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #21
HellRaZoR004

Well then, it looks like we'll have to try this place out. Thanks for the great review!
HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:25 AM   #22
Rusty

chasedawg,

With a review like that I'm surprised you didn't find pearls in your PEI Mussels.

You can't beat the flavor of Prince Edward Island (PEI) Mussels.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #23
Rusty

To put a few faces with names, this weeks edition of the Granite State News has an article about Members of the Wolfeboro Area Chamber of Commerce generously donated a scrumptious variety of food to the Seventh Annual Member Mingle, held last week at Garwoods Restaurant & Pub.
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #24
Markem

ooO Wondering if there is any chance of seeing the father's day brunch buffet restored again!?!?? My folks use to look fwd to every yr.
Markem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #25
nhboat61

I took my sons there for dinner saturday night, they thought it was great.
nhboat61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #26
Markem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markem View Post
ooO Wondering if there is any chance of seeing the father's day brunch buffet restored again!?!?? My folks use to look fwd to every yr.

guess they don't read these... oh well.... can anyone suggest another place for father's day?
Markem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:39 AM   #27
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts

How about the Sunday Brunch cruise on the Mt. Washington?

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #28
KPW

I believe the Wolfeboro Inn has a brunch buffet every Sunday.
KPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #29
Heaven

After having yet another buffet dinner at the Wolfeboro Inn, I have to say that so far their buffets have not disappointed. Really great buffet food!
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Heaven For This Useful Post:
KPW (06-13-2013)
Old 06-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #30
George Soderberg

Default Father's Day

I am sorry for the delay. The last time I checked was just after Mother's Day. I have to admit, the conversation on our thread has diminished and often time the conversation is about other topics, so I have "slacked off".

I hope it has been clear that we certainly DO read and take comments very seriously (including posting them - good and constructive)!

Now, to answer your question. We DO have brunch on Fathers Day. I would recommend you make reservations in advance if you are not already committed somewhere else. My apologies for the extreme delay. My bad. Happy Father's Day to all!

George
Merrymeeting (06-14-2013), trfour (06-14-2013), WakeboardMom (06-14-2013)