Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-03-2005, 07:30 PM   #1
ITD

Default Pet Peeve #1

PWCs,

When docking at public docks, look for innermost areas of the larger docks before taking up a full space. Today, at Center Harbor, I saw a PWC pull into one of the single space docks near the beach, basically filling a dock that a 30 foot boat could use with a 10 foot +/- PWC. Meanwhile there were four spaces (I checked while on my PWC) right next to the shore on the longer docks, I rarely see boats pulled in that far. The water is plenty deep and if you point the bow out to the lake the PWC sees very little wave action and doesn't smack against the dock. A little common sense and common courtesy goes a long way.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 07:46 PM   #2
New Hampshire Native

Talking Same thing with handicap spots and fire lanes....

Agree with you 100%. I also wonder why in the summertime, more out of state plates park in handicap spots with no handicap sticker and park in fire lanes to wait for folks shopping? I guess the mentality spreads over to the lake. Doesn't happen as much after Columbus Day when the last one through the Hooksett Toll Booth shuts the light off.
New Hampshire Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:34 AM   #3
Kamper

Default Poor docking manners.

It's not just PWC's that dock-hog. I've seen all types of boats take up the center of a pier in such a way that another boat cant use the space at either end. I have no problem asking someone if they can shift their boat but have gotten mixed results.

After waiting a reasonable time, I've moved smaller boats a post or two to free up some space or provide a little more moving space after tying up. Anyone who does this needs to remember they are liable if the boat is re-secured improperly.
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:09 AM   #4
PROPELLER

I've seen this also & sometimes I move my boat when others have left around me if I happen to be there.

Remember, unless you were there when the boater tied up, you do not know what was in front or behind him & what may have left after he tied up to cause what appears to be a big gap between vessels.

Last edited by PROPELLER; 08-04-2005 at 09:56 AM.
PROPELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:00 AM   #5
DLBIV

Moving others property is a very risky. Suppose when they pulled in that space in the middle was just right for their boat. When 5 minutes later the boat in front and behind them left and then you came and noticed that it appears this guy has no docking manners when in fact he did based upon the conditions when he docked. All I know is when I tie my boat up I have a set way I do it and if anyone were to untie my boat and move it I would not be a happy camper. It is best to leave others property alone.
My two cents
DLBIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links