Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-27-2005, 05:51 PM   #1
KTO

Default Weirs Fireworks Schedule

Does anyone know the Weirs Beach Fireworks schedule for this year or where I could find one? Thanks!
KTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 08:29 PM   #2
CentreHarborEric

Default Fireworks Schedule

Here is July's, but when you get on to the site, you can advance to August for that schedule:
http://www.laconia-weirs.org/html/calender/jul.html
CentreHarborEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 08:39 PM   #3
KTO

Thank you!
Old 07-28-2005, 05:41 PM   #4
domkate

Default Weirs Fireworks

undefined The Weirs fireworks are normally at 10:00 on Friday nights, you can see them very well from the Naswar Beach Bar.
domkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:49 PM   #5
KTO

Or by boat...
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2005, 10:22 AM   #6
silverton2001

Default fireworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by domkate
undefined The Weirs fireworks are normally at 10:00 on Friday nights, you can see them very well from the Naswar Beach Bar.
Thats nice to know because we just bought a condo next to the Nazwa,and I wondered about the fireworks. I was to take our boat out at night now that the trip was very short.Now we can watch them from the deck, great.
silverton2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 12:30 PM   #7
nym3007

Default side note

If it rains Friday they are held the next night at the same time as was the case last weekend.
nym3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:16 AM   #8
Tiny Dancer

Question

Can anyone give me a good location to watch the fireworks, including parking on the land? Will have friends with me that are bringing their kids, so the Naswa and a boat are not good places for us. Though both are good spots. And any other tips on watching them and then trying to leave after the show would be great. How long do they last? Are they worth viewing? Having cranky kids with us the next day, should we even bother? Where do they fire them up from? Could we be on the Boulevard, say next to a fried dough stand? MMM!!! Thanks to all who respond.
Tiny Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:06 PM   #9
Mee-n-Mac

Default Park at the Weirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer
Can anyone give me a good location to watch the fireworks, including parking on the land? Will have friends with me that are bringing their kids, so the Naswa and a boat are not good places for us. Though both are good spots. And any other tips on watching them and then trying to leave after the show would be great. How long do they last? Are they worth viewing? Having cranky kids with us the next day, should we even bother? Where do they fire them up from? Could we be on the Boulevard, say next to a fried dough stand? MMM!!! Thanks to all who respond.
We've caught them 2x this year, both completely unplanned. In the first case it was the July 4'th display and we were driving back from a friends house and happened to be just at the Weirs when they started, a bit late, like everyone else this year. We heard the 1'st boom, pulled in and double parked, along with everyone else, on the main drag. Very good show from there. There was traffic leaving but it moved out pretty quickly, not a real issue. Just last week we caught them from a dinner/dance cruise on the Mount. It was the show I'd expect you'd catch any Friday now and was pretty good, especially the finale. I didn't time it, but it must have been 20 - 30 mins long. Since we didn't park there this go around I couldn't advise you how long ahead of time you'd need to arrive to be assured of a "real" parking place. They are launched right from the beach so I'd guess almost anywhere on Rt3 up the hill (towards Meredith) would also have visibility, although lacking the closeness and sound volume on being on the Weirs proper.