Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
GTO

Default fishing at a preserve

Is fishing allowed at a wildlife preserve? I went by one recently and didn't see any no fishing signs
Old 08-03-2011, 06:08 AM   #2
dpg

My first reaction would have been to say no however come to think of it there's preserve land near me in Mass. One side of the street has signs on the wooded side and the other is a lake, people fish there also. Maybe that's because that side is not considored part of it just dunno!
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
hilltopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Is fishing allowed at a wildlife preserve? I went by one recently and didn't see any no fishing signs
In New Hampshire I'm aware of Wildlife Management Areas and National Wildlife Refuges but not Wildlife Preserves. Do you have a specific location in mind?

I know fishing is allowed in Wildlife Management Areas and National Wildlife Refuges but a call to NH Fish and Game with your questions is never a bad idea...
hilltopper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
GTO

Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopper View Post
In New Hampshire I'm aware of Wildlife Management Areas and National Wildlife Refuges but not Wildlife Preserves. Do you have a specific location in mind?

I know fishing is allowed in Wildlife Management Areas and National Wildlife Refuges but a call to NH Fish and Game with your questions is never a bad idea...

the preserve is off of Bean road. As your going out of Ctr. Harbor towards Sandwich, the Preserve is on the left side of the road. I forget the name of it. I did not see any access points but I might be able to squeeze a kayak in off the main road somewhere. (it might be a refuge and not a preserve)