Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-24-2008, 10:25 AM   #1
murph

Default Smallmouth

Hello,

I'm going up for the weekend and I'm just wondering if the smallmouth have moved up to shallow water yet.
murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:25 PM   #2
Jonas Pilot

Default Bronzebacks

They are in Murph,

Went out a couple of days ago and caught them on jig spinners, soft and hard twitch baits and curly tail grubs. Biggest fish was 17" and fat as pig. Water's still a little cool. Most fish were in around 8 feet. Each day should find more moving in. We need some warmer nights. It's been real windy.

Good luck and tight lines!
Jonas Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:40 PM   #3
murph

Default Thanks

Didn't even get a chance to check the forum again before I went up. But just wanted to let you know now that I caught a shoe box full of fish. Right around where you said. (8-10 feet) When up and fished the graveyard for a little but as always it was packed with boats so I moved back out of the neck and went down to the Bear/Pine/ Beaver island area and caught a bunch. Not one under pound and a half. I was fishing with a 5'' senko and threw a 4" grey and red speckled strike king tube bait also. Fished sunday and monday with no complaints at all.

Summer is finally here!
murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:28 AM   #4
Colt

Default Go figure

Went out Sunday and all my hotspots around Meredith neck produced nothing. I'm glad someone was catching them.
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:24 AM   #5
Jeff Furber

Default Smallies are in

Just got back from Winnie, this past weekend, 29-30,31st of May....

We fished out of Brown's Boat Basin mostly, visiting various islands with in 15min ride of Browns.
Water was cold still, 55deg on the surface and 51deg 10ft down. We fished shallows and down to 25ft, depending on the area. Some spawning fish were in, not a lot of beds and some were empty.
On Friday we caught 15 smallies in 3 hours, after trying various lures to find out what they were in the mood for. Mostly jerkbaits and spinnerbaits, not a top water bite anywhere.
All of the fish we caught were 16-18" and very fat with eggs and crawfish. We caught only two fish under 14". On Sat we got two on topwater(buzzbaits) but they only wanted tubes on the bottom. We did catch some spawners in the 18" range. I also got a 4lb, 19" fish off of a hump..... you should not over look humps as there are some big fish on them, if the weather and wind and boat traffic allow.

Sat and Sunday we got 20 fish per day, again all in the 17-19" class, some from under docks and most in rocky area's away from beds.

Got very windy on Sunday morning and it made it tough fishing off shore structure. Two of my friends were fishing the Dow, Whortleberry, Devin Is. area and saw schools of small smallies roaming around, that area always warms up first, in general.

These were the conditions last weekend, this week and next week could be completely different.

If I could figure out how to up load a few pictures I would... if anyone would like to email me there address I can attach some pic's..... jeff
Jeff Furber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links