Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-17-2005, 09:33 PM   #1
Pepper

Thumbs up King's Cuisine

Just came back from supper at King's Cuisine on Union Avenue in Laconia. WOW! We hadn't been there in quite a while, and I had a hankerin' for some Chinese Food for dinner. Here's how our evening went:

We were greeted at the door by a smiling young man who promptly seated us, and immediately brought a pot of tea and a bowl of fried noodles with a side of duck sauce. He then proceeded to remove each cup and pour the tea over his tray, in case any of the hot tea dripped it would not drip on us or the table!

After a few moments he returned to take our order, still smiling and EXTREMELY professional. As we placed our orders, he commented on the good choices we were making, and promising that we would enjoy our selections.

Each of us had chosen a "pick 4" or "pick 5" option, and collectively we had Crab Rangoon, Chicken Fingers, Vegetable LoMein, Steamed Vegetables, Pork Fried Rice, Chicken Wings, and Cashew Chicken.

Our meals arrived piping hot, and nicely presented. Each item was cooked perfectly, and all were VERY enjoyable. The Crab Rangoon was among the best I've ever had! The thing I liked the best was the fact that none of the stir-fried items were swimming in soy sauce. We were able to taste each individual component without that horrible overpowering taste of soy sauce. This was a highly enjoyable meal, presented with pride by a waiter who obviously has been extraordinarily well trained.

We finally asked our waiter his name, and where he's from. His name is Erik, and he's from Indonesia. He received his training in Los Angeles while attending College there. He moved to Laconia exactly 7 days ago, after hearing from a friend who lives here how wonderful the area is, and how welcoming the people are. He could not say enough about how warmly he's been welcomed by the locals, and how truly happy he is to be here. He even told us he's not homesick anymore. With a personality like his, I can't imagine anyplace or anyone who wouldn't welcome this gentleman!

Our bill came to a whopping $16.06. I felt like a thief! We left a huge tip, because the service was exceptional. We stopped to speak with the owners on the way out, and before we could even start to compliment them on their newest hire, they knew precisely what we were going to say. Apparenty Eric has been a hit with all his customers! Of course, the chef in the kitchen is responsible for the delectable meal we enjoyed, so we made sure to make a note of that too!

If you haven't tried this place yet, and you're looking for a nice casual little place for supper, Go!!!!! Don't expect linen tableclothes or napkins. Don't expect overly fancy menu items. Do expect a nice wholesome meal with crisp fresh veggies and just the right amount of seasoning. Oh, and some great friendly service!
Old 08-19-2005, 08:30 PM   #2
trfour

Default " When She Says, "

" Pepper knows ".

I will try this place out Pepper!

Love,
T.

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 10:58 AM   #3
dpg

Ya, just wait till Erik see the first snow flake, outta here!!!
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 09:04 AM   #4
Nadia

Thumbs up King's Cuisine

Kings is by far, the best Chinese I've had in the Lakes Region. Last time I was there the food was unbelievable. Fresh, piled high, flavorful, and cooked perfectly. Their prices are great too.

I know who your talking about Pepper, that guy Erik. He is something else isn't he? A million dollar personality on him. He had us in stitches the last time we were there! I left him an enourmous tip as well. I like to talk to him just to hear his accent!

If you guys haven't been there give it a shot. I have never had a bad meal there, and they are as consistent as consistent can be. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:28 PM   #5
donnamatrix

Default King's Cuisine

It's been said not to judge a book by it's cover, but King's Cuisine looks like a rat hole.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2006, 10:38 PM   #6
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamatrix
It's been said not to judge a book by it's cover, but King's Cuisine looks like a rat hole.
If you've driven by in the past month or so you might notice a bit of change. Steve was finally able to purchase the building, and has made many improvements to the property. Most recently a new picture window was installed, a new bar area built and several other changes are underway. I can certainly understand not wanting to invest money in a building you don't own! It's abundantly clear that since taking ownership, his number one priority is improving the property. Stay tuned for more, I'm sure.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:40 PM   #7
Nadia

Post Don't let that scare you away!

King's Cuisine could sure use a little face lift, but I wouldn't go so far as saying it looks like a rat hole. Whatever it may appear as on the outside, don't let that stop you. I've been in their kitchen as I know the owners, its clean. The inside is not extravagant by any means, but its cute. You can have all the pretty flowers and knick knacks in the world. If your food is lousy, people aren't going to return to stare at your decorations. They are slowly working on the building, but have focused more on what's most important--their food.

They are very hard-working people, and it is for the most part a family run operation. Best thing is, last I knew they were open till 1 am on Friday's and Saturday's! I think they still are, I will have to check with them to make sure. They do take out and delivery as well. Give them a shot, I doubt you will be dissapointed.
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:32 AM   #8
RI Swamp Yankee

Default Looks?

I have had awful meals in places that looked great,

I have had great meals in places that looked awful,

I tend to prefer good food over good looks. Thanks to this forum I keep finding places to get good food.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:15 PM   #9
donnamatrix

Default Will try the King!

Well, clearly with all these kudos, we'll have to give it a try!!
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:13 PM   #10
Nhlvrnfla

Default I know it doesn't look like much

but whenever we have been there, the food has been really good.

At least as good as any Chinese food ever is......

do they have a full bar there? Can we order Zombies?

Chinese food and Zombies just go hand in hand.

If only there was a really good THAI restaurant there, now that would be something.
Nhlvrnfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:13 AM   #11
Newbiesaukee

There is a very good Thai place in Franklin, forgot the name. ALso, Mike Love's new restaurant in Mouoltonborough ( behind Dunkin Donuts, the Mug )is, I am told, Asian fusion with a Thai emphasis.
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote