Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-30-2015, 11:21 AM   #1
gecko1

Default Island help

Opened up my place on the island last weekend. Two challenges I would like to get some guidance on. First, my hot tub is not working....may be the breaker or it may not. Any one know of an electrician or someone who can do hot tub maintenance on the islands?

Second, I have a squirrel (no sure how many) in the house. Any recommendations of pest management companies that do work on the islands?

Glad it's spring but always hate the opening issues!

Thanks much for any advice.
gecko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:36 AM   #2
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,035 Times in 934 Posts

I know that Steve at ISS has an electrician that he can bring out for island work. Pest management is not on his list of services but he may be able to arrange to bring someone out. You could send him an email and ask.
http://islandsupportservice.com/services.html
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:16 AM   #3
SIKSUKR

I would certainly check that breaker before I'd pay for an electrician to check it. Locate your panel and look for that tripped breaker. The circuit may be labeled for it. If your not sure which one it is and no red trip indicator is showing on any of them, shut off each double pole (twice as wide as the small one) breaker and and turn back on. It may be as simple as that. There could be a reason its tripped and when you reset that breaker it will trip immediately again if there is a problem.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:09 PM   #4
Misha888

Default I know my friend does island electric . . .

J.P. Carter Electric. 603-729-0001

And I second checking your equipment before calling.

A good cat is usually good at eradicating a house. If not, Havah{e)art traps. Let the Eagles and Fox take care of them on the outside.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko1 View Post
Opened up my place on the island last weekend. Two challenges I would like to get some guidance on. First, my hot tub is not working....may be the breaker or it may not. Any one know of an electrician or someone who can do hot tub maintenance on the islands?

Second, I have a squirrel (no sure how many) in the house. Any recommendations of pest management companies that do work on the islands?

Glad it's spring but always hate the opening issues!

Thanks much for any advice.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:35 PM   #5
Descant

Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,018 Posts
Default Geography is always important

Gecko1, you don't say what area or island you're in/on. That can impact a lot of answers, or bring recommendations that don't work because the vendor is at the wrong end of the lake.

I'm a routine customer of Island Support Services mentioned above. With a wide range of services, I call ISS and let them figure out if I need an electrician, a plumber or a handyman. In other words, are you sure your spa problem is power, or is there plumbing problem with the pump and/or neater that trips the breaker? Hard to say from here. Since they're out on the islands for other jobs, they frequently have somebody stop by to size up a job and determine needs. Call them at (603) 293-HELP

One other thought. Most island residents develop some fix-it skills. My neighbor and I often visit each other's tool shed for parts and advice/solutions before we get in the boat to head for the hardware store. An important note here: Next time at the store, we replace that parts used. That's much more valuable than having $5 in your pocket for reimbursement.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links