Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-14-2018, 03:53 PM   #1
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilliebean28 View Post
So my sister and I went to the bar area at The New Woodshed last night around 5:15pm. One of the specials was their Burrata salad. The waitress recommended adding a protein to the salad and suggested the petite filet. My sister and I both ordered as suggested along with the asparagus appetizer and a glass of wine each.
Boy were we shocked when the bill arrived and our total was $143!!!! Each filet was $35!! Absolutely ridiculous!!
We learned our lesson, in that, we should have asked how much the added small piece of protein would be.
Well price aside, how was the food itself ?
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:59 PM   #2
Jilliebean28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
Well price aside, how was the food itself ?
Well....how bad can asparagus, 3 slices of tomato, some cheese and a piece of steak be?
Actually, it was tasty but not $143 tasty!!
Jilliebean28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:04 PM   #3
tis

Thanked 1,388 Times in 962 Posts

That is certainly pricey for that! Have you noticed that waitpeople give you the specials but most often do not tell you the price anymore? Quite often they are very pricey. Am I remembering wrong but in the old days didn't special mean something they didn't usually offer but not a "very special" price?
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
ACME on the Broads (07-15-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 10:26 AM   #4
Shreddy

Default I've held on for a while...

Went to the New Woodshed NYE 2017 with a group of four (myself included). We sat in the dining room, had drinks, wine, good dinner, and good service. Overall very impressed with everything and the bill (I think a little over $400) was justified. Overall experience, probably an 8.8/10 due to good company, good service, good drinks, good food, and good ambiance.

Flash forward to NYE 2018. Went in and the dining room was not full, but as a group of 2 we were told we could sit in the bar area. Less than ideal, but still nice. We had drinks, a bottle of wine, and didn't cheap out on food. One of the specials was a beef wellington that the server encouraged me to order because they were running out soon and I could reserve mine. Naturally, I ordered it. Scale of 1-10 that beef wellington was probably a 2. It looked and tasted as if it was microwaved but came on the bill as an astounding $45 (was shocked with this one which is why I posted, to relate to the comment above about the petit filet for $35). The server asked, I gave my $.02 but I chose not to really complain. It is what it is, things happen, not every dinner is perfect. Regardless, the damage was done. The bill was about $250 for the two of us for a very subpar experience. We agreed we would not be back for a while and would prefer Buckeys instead Overall experience, probably a 3/10 mainly based on good company but big downgrade on service, food, and ambiance (being forced to the pub).

To each their own on this. I have no issue spending on dinner, but at least make it worth it.