Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
KonaChick

Default Summer Camps and Speed Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by neckdweller View Post
Tecumseh and Winaukee, both down Moultonborough Neck, aren't exactly catering to the underprivileged market with the kids coming from well off areas of PA and NY respectively. Tecumseh used to have one or two local deserving kids from Moultonborough attend on scholarship however.

As far as I know, Winaukee has never been a not for profit though so they're probably kicking in a substantial amount of property tax.

I can't speak for the current state of Tecumseh, but they used to be considered not for profit. There were taxes paid but the camp kind of decided what they'd pay and the town accepted it - if push came to shove the alternative was $0 because of the status.
That is my point. These camps are not full of underprivileged inner city campers being run down by big bad GFBL boat's as some of the speed limit proponents might want you to believe. Perhaps the close calls come because the kayakers are too busy texting to pay attention. BTW my OWN little prince was doing that this weekend out in our cove while kayaking. He will NOT have his phone the rest of the week. I know we're abusive parents but you have to do what you have to do.