Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Agreed. what is needed more is a third lane through Concord. Too many on/off ramps in that short bit of highway, and with the big S turn/ hill blocking all forward view it is just downright dangerous. I love it when the State Police park on the grass at the S turn. That just makes everyone take their eyes off the road. You got to love it there when there is a race too.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
Agreed. what is needed more is a third lane through Concord. Too many on/off ramps in that short bit of highway, and with the big S turn/ hill blocking all forward view it is just downright dangerous. I love it when the State Police park on the grass at the S turn. That just makes everyone take their eyes off the road. You got to love it there when there is a race too.
The third lane through Concord has been in the planning stages for over 10 years now. The problem is that due to insufficient funding, the project has been recently removed from the states 10 year highway improvement plan.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,094 Times in 788 Posts
Default Commuter Rail

The interstate is the biggest reason the commuter rail system is nonexistent. I remember back in the 50's and 60's taking the train from Laconia to Boston. It was a fun trip.

When I was working in Nashua in the late 70's, early 80's, there was commuter rail to Boston. Now I understand there are no commuter rail service North of Lowell.

I envision spending zillions of dollars on inter/intrastates, gas goes up to $10 a gallon and we have nothing to show for it. One big reason to spend the money on public transportation. A good example is the city of Denver or Seattle, it is cool to go public transportation. The buses, rails run on natural gas. There is an abundant supply of gas and clean to boot!
Old 05-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I envision spending zillions of dollars on inter/intrastates, gas goes up to $10 a gallon and we have nothing to show for it. One big reason to spend the money on public transportation.
Personal transportation conveyances can use fuel other than gasoline. If the gasoline supply dried up tomorrow, the roads would be empty for a while, but you can bet that wouldn't last for long.
P-3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote