Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-23-2005, 07:42 AM   #1
Seaplane Pilot

Thumbs down Abandoned Crane at Harilla Landing

Does anyone know to whom the crane sitting on State property at Harilla landing belongs to? This thing is an eyesore and it impedes launch access to the public landing. Looks like yet another case of a private entity getting free storage of heavy equipment on State property. Maybe I can store my boat there free next winter instead of paying the marina to store it...unbelievable.
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 12:32 PM   #2
The Lake

Call Docks Unlimited, ask Terry to move it. Typical, I know this guy has left many customer high and dry, just filed Bankruptcy. Probably not the first time.

Good luck!!
The Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 08:56 PM   #3
GusMan

Default Harilla Landing

Howdy All,

I agree that the crane at Harilla landing is a pain in the butt. Launched there yesterday morning without much of a problem (Ford F150 SuperCrew with a 19' bass boat), though I needed to make several passes back and forth to spin the trailer into the water.

In the afternoon to take the boat out, however, was a much different story. They were working on the crane and had lowered the boom to the ground to start cutting off cables and things with a torch (disassembling the crane?) which made the turnaround *totally* unusable. I had to jump through hoops to get the trailer backed up the ramp again and try to turn it around using the road just above the actual turn around area. Given the tight conditions, I managed to scrape up my running board on my truck on one of the large boulders that flank that area. I was pissed. After another 25 point turn, I managed to get the trailer backed down to the ramp to retrieve my boat.

Under optimal conditions... the turnaround at Harilla is adequate... but with the crane there... it's just plain silly.

And the scary thing is that I think Harilla is one of the better free accesses to the big lake! Disgraceful... actually!

Gusman
GusMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 06:25 AM   #4
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lake
Call Docks Unlimited, ask Terry to move it. Typical, I know this guy has left many customer high and dry, just filed Bankruptcy. Probably not the first time.

Good luck!!
If that is Terry's I would not expect any cooperation from him. His rep is as bad as it gets. He screwed me up royally last fall when he was blocking the ramp at Shep Brown's and refused to move. I had a log delivery from Canada going there as well as 2 barges to move it from there. We had to divert the whole project to Glendale, what a pain!! Cost me plenty more thanks to him. The police, town of Meredith and MP all told him to move and he did nothing. Helluva guy!
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:19 AM   #5
KonaChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lake

Good luck!!

How do you know he just filed Bankrupcy?
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2005, 07:49 AM   #6
Onshore

Does anyone have a picture of the barge they can post so we can get a positive ID???
Onshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:47 AM   #7
The Lake

My friend hired him, paid him a deposit, then got a bankruptcy filing in the mail. Ended up losing the deposit and had to hire another contractor. This all happened durring the late fall early winter
The Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:08 AM   #8
shania

Have heard bad things as well about Terry,But the bankrupcy thing is hard to believe there is a new location with a big sign advertising.It is located just across from JB scoops.
shania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:21 AM   #9
ITD

Ok, I'm confused, I thought the place across from JB Scoops was Production Trailer and Dock (at the old Chinese food restaurant), I've used them before and had good results. Where is Docks Unlimited?
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:41 AM   #10
shania

Production trailer and dock is up the hill a little ways,yes it used to be the old chinese rest.but docks unlimited is at the bottom of hill next door to the old boat restoration place and just before the old driving range.Hope this helps I'm not very good with directions it's a blonde thing.LOL
Old 05-25-2005, 10:19 PM   #11
ITD

Thanks Shania, the directions sounded pretty good to me, are you sure you're a real blonde?
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 06:30 AM   #12
codeman671

Default Directions

Docks Unlimited across from the high school in Meredith. I pass it often on the way to Shep Brown's. It is just before the turnoff to go to Shep's on the right on Rt 25. JB Scoops and Production Trailer are before you come into downtown Meredith on the DW Highway, Docks Unlimited is on the other side of town.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:53 AM   #13
Seaplane Pilot

Codeman: Shania is correct. Docks Unlimited is no longer across from the High School, but moved recently next to Harper's where Shania mentioned.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:26 AM   #14
codeman671

I stand corrected! I have not been up that way in a few months, last time I was there he looked to still be set up by the high school. His web page which I checked this morning still had him listed across from the high school so I assumed it to still be accurate.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:58 AM   #15
shania

Now we all know where docks unlimited new location is can we confirm if he's bankrupt or not?I saved a good friend who called him a week ago to fix a dock the hassle of dealing with him,when she spoke to him he was coming out the next day and I told her all his dirty deeds and she cancelled the same day,so this leads me to believe with a new location and willing to do work a week ago that he is still in business.From what I hear this is unfortunate to the unexpecting if he is still in business.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:21 AM   #16
Seaplane Pilot

Thumbs up The crane is gone!

As of last night when I arrived, the crane is gone. Thank you to whoever got rid of this thing. Maybe they dumped the scrap metal in the owner's parking lot.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:04 AM   #17
Gatto Nero

Default Bad business

I was lucky enough to get a tip to stay away from him from someone I was dealing with directly on my dock situation. Obviously, other people have not been so lucky. I hope this thread will help spread the word and keep more people from falling into this guy's trap. Maybe at some point he'll get the hint and move on, but in the meantime, as a public service to all the potential victims in need of dock services, we should all try to keep tabs on him and make note of any name changes, etc, on this forum.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:04 PM   #18
oliviernh

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shania
Now we all know where docks unlimited new location is can we confirm if he's bankrupt or not?I saved a good friend who called him a week ago to fix a dock the hassle of dealing with him,when she spoke to him he was coming out the next day and I told her all his dirty deeds and she cancelled the same day,so this leads me to believe with a new location and willing to do work a week ago that he is still in business.From what I hear this is unfortunate to the unexpecting if he is still in business.
I can most certainly confirm he has filed bankruptcy!! I, unfortunately, did not find out about his (Terry's) reputation until it was too late. I paid him a deposit for a dock and breakwater and he filed for Bankrputcy in September. I started another post under homes questioning him/his reputation when we started getting bad vibes. Look at the responding posts...amazing that some like this can keep doing business. I will send anyone who wants it a copy of the bankruptcy notices. Just e-mail me...slackerz@comcast.net. Also once he filed I went to the bankruptcy court to file paperwork regarding the claim...found out he also declared a few years ago (late 90's). Since we have heard many, many, many bad stories about him. I agree with some of the other posts that people need to be warned about him and his shady business dealings. In the bankruptcy filing you can see how many people he took deposits from and now they are out of BIG $$ with no work. Stay clear of Docks Unlimited and Terry Graham!!
oliviernh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 12:44 PM   #19
Grant

Default Sink the Sucker

Down here in PA, one of our favorite local dive sites sinks new 'attractions' each year (everything from boats to a plane to a BIG Sikorsky helicopter to a firetruck). One of the things to check out is a big old crane they sank in about 60-70 feet of water. Of course, everything they sink is cleaned up beforehand. Not that I'm condoning sinking anything in Winnipesaukee. People seem to do a pretty good job of that without cleaning them up first. I just have the diving bug right now -- and it's only Tuesday.

Sorry -- the crane thread made me think about that.