Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
ITD

Default Trail Conditions

How did the trails in Moultonboro/ Plymouth/ Ossipee fare the warmth last week?
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #2
VitaBene

Thanked 1,609 Times in 823 Posts
Default Surprisingly Well

The trails are in pretty good shape, considering the warm spell last week and the lack of snow recently.

n Moultonborough, we are grooming. The snow is losing its stickiness though, so please take it easy!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
hazelnut (02-22-2011), ITD (02-21-2011)
Old 02-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
classic22

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
The trails are in pretty good shape, considering the warm spell last week and the lack of snow recently.

n Moultonborough, we are grooming. The snow is losing its stickiness though, so please take it easy!
I rode the wolfeboro and moultonborough trails over the weekend and they were great! Keep up the great work!
classic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:38 AM   #4
hazelnut

Moultonboro trails are great. I rode from Moultonboro to Tuftonboro - Pier 19 yesterday and the trails were excellent.

Be very careful and be mindful that some corners are icy!!

Riding the lake is a different story altogether. First off it was so windy out there. Second there is little to no loose snow to lubricate the sliders or cool the sled. That said I was watching my temp gauge and I did ok in terms of engine temp. That said I could smell my hyfax the entire time. They're brand new so maybe that was part of it but I was looking for any snow to help. There are packets of snow on the lake but it's concrete!

So from Suissevale I made it from Pier 19 great ride! Then from Pier 19 to Cow Island, then from Cow to Braun Bay and used the Swallow Point trail to connect back up to the Powerline trail. Had lunch at Subway!!! Easy access from the trail. Then took the trail back to Greens Basin and across the bay to Suissevale. Only a 40 mile day, beats working!!
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:22 AM   #5
jetskier

Post 12" of new snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
Moultonboro trails are great. I rode from Moultonboro to Tuftonboro - Pier 19 yesterday and the trails were excellent.

Be very careful and be mindful that some corners are icy!!

Riding the lake is a different story altogether. First off it was so windy out there. Second there is little to no loose snow to lubricate the sliders or cool the sled. That said I was watching my temp gauge and I did ok in terms of engine temp. That said I could smell my hyfax the entire time. They're brand new so maybe that was part of it but I was looking for any snow to help. There are packets of snow on the lake but it's concrete!

So from Suissevale I made it from Pier 19 great ride! Then from Pier 19 to Cow Island, then from Cow to Braun Bay and used the Swallow Point trail to connect back up to the Powerline trail. Had lunch at Subway!!! Easy access from the trail. Then took the trail back to Greens Basin and across the bay to Suissevale. Only a 40 mile day, beats working!!
We drove up today and went out for a ride tonight (did the prison loop). There is about 12" of new powder. The groomers were out and it should be nicely groomed for tomorrow. The trails had great cover tonight but with the deep powder were riding a little loose. I am off to pick up my new sled tomorrow.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2011, 07:26 AM   #6
XCR-700

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
I am off to pick up my new sled tomorrow.

Jetskier
Do tell,,,,

Its always good to hear what toys people are getting.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote