Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-31-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
Formula

Default House for sale by bank

I came across this add on one of the bank for sale properties. It is definitely waterfront.
Attached Images

Formula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
NoRegrets

I believe that looks is the house on the small island in Paugus Bay. It is labeled as paradise or Little Island on teh chart. There was an auction last year but no one showed up. I believe they used Irwin Marina to be the meeting place and would have brought the potential bidders to the island from there.
NoRegrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
Irish mist

Any one know the history of this place ? It's such a cool looking little island & house.
Irish mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

I know there was a small run down place there for the longest time. then a few years ago someone built this and hardly used it. In the winter it got vandalized by someone that went out on the ice one night. haven't heard or seen anything about it since. Love to know how they handle water and sewage. That has to be well within the 50' of the lake rule for building.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:31 PM   #5
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,094 Times in 788 Posts
Default Mls #?

Couldn't find the MLS number.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
Smitty1

Default Island Home

Here it is. Let me know if you are interested.

Smitty

http://www.nhlakerealestate.com/real...Laconia/790500
Smitty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:52 PM   #7
brk-lnt

If it really is a bank sale, it's not even worth trying for. I've been through a couple of those, and it just becomes a bidding war with cash buyers. If you're doing any kind of financing, forget it. I was trying to get a spot out in Silicon Valley for a while but just gave up and started looking at conventional sales instead.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:54 PM   #8
AC2717

That is the one on small Island on Paugue Bay
Old 03-31-2010, 06:21 PM   #9
Heaven

It lists sewer as "unknown", not a very happy feeling. What that means is the sewage goes into a hole in the ground and gets discharged into the lake (pure speculation on my part). Could do that forever with no problems at all.
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:04 PM   #10
Irish mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
It lists sewer as "unknown", not a very happy feeling. What that means is the sewage goes into a hole in the ground and gets discharged into the lake (pure speculation on my part). Could do that forever with no problems at all.
You have to wonder what's up with the water & sewer ? It is Laconia's water supply this island house sits in the middle of. There's got to be some kind of water & sewer treatment.
Irish mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:42 AM   #11
Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish mist View Post
You have to wonder what's up with the water & sewer ? It is Laconia's water supply this island house sits in the middle of. There's got to be some kind of water & sewer treatment.
It sounds like this house was renovated or rebuilt on top of an old camp, an old camp could have any type of sewage system including a cistern, which is a hole in the ground that empties into the lake. . . if the sewage system as "working" since time long past there may not have been any requirement to upgrade to new technology when the remodel/rebuild was done. I can't imagine a septic system here, but there is probably an alternative type of treatment that would work. Like a furnace-toilet, and/or a holding tank that gets pumped.
What does the Realtor have to say?
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:21 AM   #12
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
It sounds like this house was renovated or rebuilt on top of an old camp, an old camp could have any type of sewage system including a cistern, which is a hole in the ground that empties into the lake. . . if the sewage system as "working" since time long past there may not have been any requirement to upgrade to new technology when the remodel/rebuild was done. I can't imagine a septic system here, but there is probably an alternative type of treatment that would work. Like a furnace-toilet, and/or a holding tank that gets pumped.
What does the Realtor have to say?
I would have to think that your two options at the end of the post are what exist at this property. Given the time frame when this home was built, it would not matter if they built over the old camp or around it, they would have to have upgraded the system at that time. Not very many towns, let alone a city will allow you to do what you want when it comes to sewer. A cistern or dry-well is no longer accepted as a sewer system, in most areas anyway.

My guess is a tank that requires pumping for black water. Grey water is probably held in a dry well to allow for leaching into the ground below, maybe not on the grey water but if they were not seperate you would be pumping that tank once a month (full time use) if it did not have a leaching system.

Incinerating toilets are usually listed, but maybe not to keep potentials interested.

Absolutely no protection from wind and sound, no privacy what-so-ever, not for me, would drive me crazy. Could be a nice full time rental though.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #13
gf2020

The property was actually foreclosed on in November 2008. I wonder what type of maintenance, if any, has been performed since.

The same owner also lost a property in Gunstock Acres to foreclosure in September 2008.
gf2020 is offline   Reply With Quote