Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2010, 01:50 PM   #31
Chris Exley

Default Just another thought

Don,

To make it easier on you, you could implement a couple of options:

1) Give people a 3 strikes and your out rule on the forums. If a person violates the rules of the forum as they are currently consituted, there is a penalty (suspension of account for 1 month, permanent ban, etc.). I don't think it would take long for people to get the message when people begin to be suspended (maybe display the suspended list).

2) Create an Un-Moderated forum to ease the burden on you having to moderate everything. Let people know when they go into that forum, that they do so at their own risk. Make sure they understand that if disagreements between users spill over to the Lake forum, they face the penalty descibed in #1

3) Keep things as they are, but enlist a couple of long time members who you trust to take some of the burden off of you in moderating.

4) I think there is a feature that users can identify on their own, posts that violate the policy. Then you can be notified when something has crossed the line. (I know they do this on the accu-weather forums).

5) Ignore me and keep things as they are.

Thanks for all you do, I don't post much, but I am here reading a lot. I would however love to see a forum for people of "Other Lakes" other than Winni.

Chris
Chris Exley is offline   Reply With Quote