PDA

View Full Version : Condo swimming pools?

Rockdaddy
05-29-2020, 10:47 AM
I'm curious what other condo associations are doing with their pool opens?
My association has elected to keep it closed until the state defines protocols on opening. Our management company also advised not to open, due to liability factors. If someone was to get COVID and trace it back to the pool

jbolty
05-29-2020, 11:57 AM
I'm curious what other condo associations are doing with their pool opens?
My association has elected to keep it closed until the state defines protocols on opening. Our management company also advised not to open, due to liability factors. If someone was to get COVID and trace it back to the pool

lawyers ruin everything. how could anyone possibly trace a covid infection back to the pool?

Major
05-29-2020, 12:00 PM
This is a very sore subject with me. The Boards of South Down/Long Bay have closed the pools and all other amenities because of this nonsense. They have no authority under the SD/LB declarations and rules and regulations, but instead derive their authority under the so-called governor's order. It appears that the pools, clubhouses and enclosed spaces will be closed for some time. The beaches may open, but I was told that measures must be implemented to make sure the subjects comply with the Boards' decisions. I have read the Reopening Guidance and there are no compliance requirements.

It all comes down to liability. Apparently, the risk of someone contracting the certain death sentence Chinese coronavirus is too high of a risk for the Boards to assume. Interestingly, in Long Bay, members waive any liability against the association. However, the Boards of SD/LB freely choose to accept much higher risks. For example, we allow children to drive golf carts on roads that are shared with vehicles. Yes, the children must be accompanied by an adult, but it is not unusual to see 8 year olds driving golf carts! It appears to me that the liability associated with this is far greater than the risks associated with the Chinese coronavirus.

My greatest disappointment is that our leaders continue to treat us as children. If I want to go to the beach, I should have that right. I paid for that right. My wife and son were forced to go to Weirs Beach this week because our beaches were closed. No one at Weirs Beach seemed concerned about enforcement of rules or liability.

Anyway, there's not much that can be done. Rant over!

Newbiesaukee
05-29-2020, 12:15 PM
lawyers ruin everything. how could anyone possibly trace a covid infection back to the pool?

If you ask a lawyer that you will get answers.

And, I must add, some of my best friends are lawyers.

WeLoveTheLake
05-29-2020, 12:17 PM
Chinese corona virus Weirs Beach seemed concerned about

Do you wear your MAGA hat everyday ?

Major
05-29-2020, 12:19 PM
Do you wear your MAGA hat everyday ?

That's the name. My liberal friends have taught me to label everything.

TheProfessor
05-29-2020, 12:31 PM

The Chinese are way ahead of USA on tracing. But yes, can be traced.

WeLoveTheLake
05-29-2020, 12:31 PM
That's the name. My liberal friends have taught me to label everything.

Well, you can always inject some Clorox or swallow a UV light.
That should take care of it. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Major
05-29-2020, 12:34 PM

That's okay, I'll pass. I really don't care if I get or if I don't. I've had the flu and survived.

jbolty
05-29-2020, 12:37 PM
If you ask a lawyer that you will get answers.

And, I must add, some of my best friends are lawyers.

I work for a whole building full of lawyers

jbolty
05-29-2020, 01:40 PM
The Chinese are way ahead of USA on tracing. But yes, can be traced.

No. What would happen is some scum bag ambulance chaser would say "we believe my client contracted covid19 at your pool and either pay up or I'll keep you tangled up in court for the next two years"

gravy boat
05-29-2020, 01:42 PM
I work for a whole building full of lawyers

My condolences.

(No offense Major and Mr. V)

;)

8gv
05-29-2020, 01:43 PM

Re: UV light... does one have to swallow it or can it be... asking for a friend...