PDA

View Full Version : favorite restaurant-Northern lake area

phoenix
09-26-2005, 05:22 PM
many of the posts over the last few weeks are interesting in that some say they would never again go to a particular restaurant and others say they wouldn't go anywhere else than the same restaurant .So i think it is time for a poll of your favorite restaurant in the northern part of the lake say Wolfeboro over to Meredith . seems that four are most often mentioned- 51 Mill, Woodshed, Coe House and Canoe.

BroadHopper
09-27-2005, 08:43 AM
Shouldn't you include Garwood and Wolfeboro Tavern. I think they are on the 'high end' to be included on this list. :D

phoenix
09-27-2005, 11:11 AM
took the four restaurants that were most mentioned by posters

LadyJane
09-27-2005, 07:58 PM
I visit the Meredith area a few times every year, every and any season. I have to say, that some of my best meals have been at Mame's. I also love going to the Woodshed, and have had good meals at the Homestead, Church's Landing and Canoe. I welcome any suggestions on good places to dine in that area. I also liked the little place in Meredith on the main street near where Widdersham's used to be...Italian...very good!! can't think of the name right now.

Pineedles
09-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Vorted for them because of their consistancy and longevity. It's got to be at least 20 years they have been in operation.

jkjoshuatree
09-28-2005, 08:57 AM
That's a tough one. I haven't been to the Coe House. The last two or three times we've eaten at the Woodshed it was marginal. 51 Mill St. was great this summer. We ate outside during a perfect dusk so I think that added to the experience. I completely understand it being dark inside (not the best atmosphere). Canoe was also great.

But my favorite is The Corner House Inn. Its got a great bar upstairs (very hobbit-like with nooks and crannys) and the food and service is always great. The different dining rooms are a nice touch. Its unique to sit somewhere "new" each time we go. Its in the middle of nowhere on a dark and winding road-almost like an oasis in the woods. Very quaint, New Englandish style to it. Highly recommend it. The atomsphere alone is well worth it. Just go to the bar for a drink, check out the menu, and decide if you want to stay for dinner. You won't regret it.

fatlazyless
09-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Abondante, is the Italian ristorante on Main St, Meredith, directly across from Town Hall. Also, Phu Jee is an excellent Szejuan ristorante a few doors up the street but it has an underwhelmimg storefront appearance.

mcdude
09-29-2005, 06:02 AM
"an underwhelmimg storefront appearance" ?????

...not for much longer....

"...a proposed rendering for the new façade. The rendering shows new windows, removal of the tin facing on the building, a Chinese red lacquered front, new doors, gold leaf lettering for the signage, and exposure of the original arched doorway, to name just a few of the improvements......"

See CITIZEN ARTICLE (http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050927/CITIZEN0103/109280125/-1/citizen0103)

tricia1218
09-29-2005, 10:02 AM
We went to Abondante over the summer and had a great time. It has a North End feel to it.

BlackCatIslander
09-30-2005, 12:08 PM
This is my first post on this great web site. We have been on the lake for almost 30 years and checking out the forum for the last 3 or 4 years.

Over the years we have tried all of the restaurants at the north end of the lake. We hope that the Coe House stays in business since it is an attractive part of Center Harbor. We enjoy their menu but are concerned that as a seasonal restaurant they will have difficulty hiring talented staff. The Woodshed ran into this problem many years ago when they closed late Fall and early Spring.

Overall, we like the ambiance and the food best at the Woodshed but hope that all the restaurants mentioned do well so that we continue to have a choice of enjoyable places to eat.

phoenix
09-30-2005, 01:21 PM
welcome to the forum.

john60ri
03-31-2009, 06:39 PM
Thanks to everyone for the restaurant suggestions. We usually go to Fratello's and Phu Gee when we're on vacation in Holderness. Glad to hear Phu Gee is sprucing up the place. Apparently they are doing well.

wifi
03-31-2009, 06:45 PM
Unfortunately, they no longer appear to be open for lunch... tho maybe that will change for the summer season.

LovelyToSeeYou
09-13-2009, 12:07 PM
The last two or three times at the Woodshed were marginal. Hey. I agree. I love the Bob House but am accused of being part of some agenda to promote it when all I am saying is that it is near to me and has good food and reasonable prices. I do not wish to spend a lot of money for food at places like the Woodshed especially when the last two experiences were not good ones. However, I do not have any connection to any restaurant and hope that all hard working folks do well in any business in this economy or any economy. People do not listen as they want things to stay the same. That does not happen. Would that I was in my thirties and forties again and the Wooshed had twin lobsters that two could share and each have a salad and I think a potato. It as a long time ago and only during the week but that was a real treat. Lobsters were so cheap and so abundant this summer but the restaurants did not take advantage of that to offer to patrons. I do not know why. They were almost giving lobsters away in super markets some of the time. Things do change and we all change as well. My kids are grown and flown the nest and new freinds have appeared so we do new things. All the best to us. Thanks for the support.