PDA

View Full Version : New Pizza Place at Belknap Mall ??

donnamatrix
02-10-2005, 10:18 AM
I thought I read in the Citizen or other publication that a new pizza place is going to open in the Belknap Mall in Belmont (where Shaw's is located). Does anyone have an info on this? Supposed to be a well-known, family restaurant, and the family owns another place in either Concord or Manchester, I believe.

Drummer Boy
02-10-2005, 11:17 AM
I believe I heard that it will be a Sal's Pizza

Paugus Bay Resident
02-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Yup, supposed to be Sal's, home of the 3lb pizza (which are pretty good) ;)

The Big Kahuna
10-12-2005, 07:51 PM
OK, you might not beleive this buy Sal's is the best pizza around. The pies large pies are 18+ inches and the toppings are generous. They also have deserts like woopie pies that are really good. I recoment you give it a try some Friday or Saturday night when you are looking for a good take out pizza. Call ahead they are busy, takes about 30 minutes most nights.

upthesaukee
10-12-2005, 09:42 PM
Stopped there with friends after golf one saturday. Ate in, good pizza, not great, but would definately go back.

SIKSUKR
10-14-2005, 09:10 AM
Actually,there are about 15 Sal's located throughout New England and also 1 or 2 in Florida.I hit the one in Manchester about once a week for lunch cuz they sell slices(1/4 of a large pizza).I guess everybody has their own taste.Although I like the pizza,there are many others places I like more.Now I'll have to go there today cuz I got pizza on the brain.

mackie
10-14-2005, 07:43 PM
Anyone ever try Fullers Convenience in Moultonboro? I by accident stumbled on it and was so amazed at the different kinds available. I wasn't expecting the best just something fast, it was great!

Nadia
04-07-2006, 12:15 AM
I visited Sal's about two months ago, and I loved their pizza. I had the white pizza with chicken, broccoli and garlic. One slice is the size of two, and it was delicious. My friend had pizza topped with bbq pulled pork, and he was in heaven. I passed up on that one, I'm a bit of a picky eater. Didn't sound like the two flavors would be of my liking but he was still talking about it two days later. Of course I had to try a chocolate dipped whoopie pie! That place is SPOTLESS. I will definately be back.

waterlover
04-12-2006, 12:57 PM
I love Sals. I work down the street and eat lunch there often. One slice is so big that I eat half for lunch, and have half leftover for dinner or lunch for the next day! They have many slice pies already made, and can heat them up quickly. I've been saved many a time when we lost power at work because their ovens stay hot for quite a while so I can still have a hot lunch :liplick: They have had probably 8-10 choices ready every time I've been there, and they all look like they're great!

donnamatrix
04-13-2006, 07:27 AM
Another terrific pizza place, although it's in North Conway or Portsmouth, is called Flatbread Company. They are in the Eastern Slope Inn in NC. We were there in February, and the pizza is best you'll have outside Italy. Truly thin crust, all ingredients are organic. Plus, the salads are to die for. Too bad it's such a trek!!