PDA

View Full Version : How close to do you live to Winni?

lawn psycho
05-02-2011, 02:11 PM
A poll to see what percentage of Winni.com posters live on or near the lake.

Merrymeeting
05-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Voted "within 10 miles" though I DO live on a lake. The one that sends it's water to Winni after we are done with it ;-)

Rattlesnake Gal
05-03-2011, 05:01 PM
How should I post in this poll?

We own on Rattlesnake Island, but live in Southern New Hampshire, so should I pick the first?

Or should I pick the third option, as I am a NH resident, but live more than 10 miles away?

:D

Rattlesnake Guy
05-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Voted "within 10 miles" though I DO live on a lake. The one that sends it's water to Winni after we are done with it ;-)

And we certainly appreciate the hand me downs.

Slickcraft
05-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Camp is on Welch Island and home away from camp is in West Alton, maybe one mile from the lake.

secondcurve
05-03-2011, 05:59 PM
How should I post in this poll?

We own on Rattlesnake Island, but live in Southern New Hampshire, so should I pick the first?

Or should I pick the third option, as I am a NH resident, but live more than 10 miles away?

:D

I think this forum member should keep his/her day job. He/she would likely starve as a pollster. The choices baffle me, too.

Rusty
05-04-2011, 05:06 AM
Could the creator of this poll please tell me how to vote. Also, if I may ask, what will this poll be used for?

I own but don’t rent my cottage on Lake Winnipesaukee.

I live within 10 miles of Lake Winnipesaukee.

Thanks,
Rusty

upthesaukee
05-04-2011, 06:34 AM

:eek:TMI !!!!!!! :D:laugh:

lawn psycho
05-04-2011, 10:41 AM
I think this forum member should keep his/her day job. He/she would likely starve as a pollster. The choices baffle me, too.

If you want to make a snide comment then don't reply. The choices are quite clear. If you want me to make a statisically valid poll then this forum isn't even the place to do it. Do you want me to chase you around and comment on everything you do? Just say the word! I'll gladly educate you on statistical power if you want.

Option one is do you own/rent a place on Winni. The intent is merely to get a quick idea of many forum members have property on the lake versus those who don't. IF you don't have a place on winni, THEN where do you live. Got it?

I think it's time to actually block a couple posters unfortunately....

Rusty
05-04-2011, 11:05 AM

Please put me on your block list. If you need help on how to do that, please do not hesitate to ask.

I've had enough of your arrogance (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/arrogance).

Rattlesnake Gal
05-04-2011, 11:23 AM
If you want to make a snide comment then don't reply. The choices are quite clear. If you want me to make a statisically valid poll then this forum isn't even the place to do it. Do you want me to chase you around and comment on everything you do? Just say the word! I'll gladly educate you on statistical power if you want.

Maybe I am missing something, but I took secondcurve's comment as if he were saying it in a joking manner. (Guess the laughing guy might have helped here. :laugh: )
Perhaps there is some history between you two that I've missed along the way? Regardless, putting those who irritate you onto your ignore list is an excellent solution to the problem. :D

Option one is do you own/rent a place on Winni. The intent is merely to get a quick idea of many forum members have property on the lake versus those who don't. IF you don't have a place on winni, THEN where do you live. Got it?

Got it... sorry I got confused :confused: and was unable to understand your poll. :blush: I have to say that I am glad to see that I wasn't alone!!! :laugh:

:confused: Confused again... Upthesaukee, what does TMI mean?

tis
05-04-2011, 11:29 AM
I think we all did this a couple of years ago. I don't think it was a poll though. And things do change. :)

lawn psycho
05-04-2011, 11:39 AM
I think we all did this a couple of years ago. I don't think it was a poll though. And things do change. :)

I think it also depends on when the question is posed. I suspect the results may be different if asked in Jan vs July.

What would be really neat is to have Don make a graph of users versus the IP location/zipcode.

lawn psycho
05-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Regardless, putting those who irritate you onto your ignore list is an excellent solution to the problem. :D

I think the issue is there are posters who can't leave the SL discussions in that forum and they track the mud to other places on the site with digs, etc.

webmaster
05-04-2011, 11:43 AM
I think we all did this a couple of years ago.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6748

tis
05-04-2011, 11:45 AM
AH, it was a poll. I didn't remember. Thanks, Don.

lawn psycho
05-04-2011, 11:46 AM
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6748

I saw that but didn't quite get at the answer I'm looking for and that is what percentage of people on here own anything right on the lake rather than just primary residence.

Steveo
05-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Ok, I was confused as well so take one away from the last answer and shift it to the first answer

chipj29
05-05-2011, 03:22 PM
I think it also depends on when the question is posed. I suspect the results may be different if asked in Jan vs July.

What would be really neat is to have Don make a graph of users versus the IP location/zipcode.
I don't think a graph of users versus the IP location would work very well. Many people use IPs from out of the area. For example, when I am at work, my IP might be CT, NJ, NY, or PA. However, I work in MA.

lawn psycho
05-06-2011, 05:55 AM
I don't think a graph of users versus the IP location would work very well. Many people use IPs from out of the area. For example, when I am at work, my IP might be CT, NJ, NY, or PA. However, I work in MA.

Good point. Same thing for me as I can make it look like my IP is from many locations (countries) as well. Sometimes I am there, sometimes I'm not.

It would not be exact but may be represetative just by using a density plot vs absolute numbers. I think it would be interesting.