PDA

View Full Version : Kissing the Moose

Mr. V
09-02-2004, 10:01 AM
We took lunch at The Wolfeboro Inn this summer.

It was our first visit to this unique property;good food, authentic old time atmosphere, and seemingly well run.

My question: have many of you earned the right to "kiss the moose" in their tavern?

<Not a bad way to while away a long winter>

Navman
09-04-2004, 09:56 AM
kissed the moose in 92, took me 2yrs !!!Tasted lots of strange brews!! :cheers:

trfour
09-04-2004, 10:30 PM
I have snowmobiled here for many years and have seen Bear, Moose and many Critters in my travels, never have I considered the prospect of kissing a moose!

Although, if the Beer is Good, I might change my mind! :)

SAMIAM
09-05-2004, 07:17 AM
Have a little dignity......moose eat lots of funky vegetation and never brush their teeth.Their breath is TERRIBLE

Ambassador RAI
09-08-2004, 04:18 PM
I have kissed the moose and believe me the moose did not kiss back. After kissing the moose I rang the bell and then ordered my Pewter mug which hangs on the ceiling of the Wolboro Inn. I use the mug every time I frequent the tavern and enjoy discounted beer prices for this privilege. I placed the inscription on my mug, "semper ubi sub ubi". I will leave to you latin scholars to translate my inscription. I will submit that I worked diligently to collect the 77 different beers that were required to fill out the card in order to gain the privilege of kissing the moose and getting the mug on the wall. It was a challenge and I am proud to say that I accomplished this challenge in less than 18 months. On a side note the tevern is fun and the food is good. It is a good place to watch a fall football game while my wife shops in the town. Have fun and enjoy. It is what the lakes region is all about. :D

Alton Bay
11-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Love the Tavern!
My husband is one beer away from "kissing the moose". I've got a few more to go. Yes, it's taken a long time but where else in the area do you get to have Japanese beer? It's good!
Wish there were more places around like the Tavern where you can have either a light meal or a fancy one. A+

BroadHopper
11-15-2004, 09:22 AM
Now this should give me something to do. Not sure if it will keep me out of trouble....... :cheers: