Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-22-2016, 01:40 PM   #1
jtilds

Default Gilford Slip, Valet, Mooring

I have a 21' pontoon boat. I am looking a SLIP, VALET or MOORING near Misty Harbor Resort. I have already contacted both Mountain View and Silver Sands. Both are currently full. Fays was full as well. Can someone help me out on other ideas. Does anyone have a private dock they are willing to rent.

Thanks
jtilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:51 AM   #2
Water Camper

West Alton Marina comes to mind.

Hope that helps,
Bill
Water Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:03 AM   #3
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Check with Gilford Yacht Club and Glendale Yacht Club as both rent / sell slips...

Good luck in your search!

Dan
Old 02-24-2016, 06:44 PM   #4
scubajay1153

Default Same...

Just picked up a 22ft pontoon as well and I am in the same situation. Irwins told me $3-5000 for a slip, %1800 for valet. Figure somewhere in the Laconia/Gilford/West Alton area there must be something more economical....
And so my search continues...
scubajay1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 07:05 PM   #5
regalguy

Default slips

I think it is a sign that things have changed as far as people having more disposable income to purchase boats and get back out on the water. I know that doesn't help you at all but things have been trending up over the last few years. A good sign for slip owners and marinas who are looking to rent or sell. As an owner at Mt View who has a slip for sale I am seeing lots more activity than a few years ago. hope things work out
regalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2016, 10:04 AM   #6
Ms Molly McKever

Default Gilford Boat Slip Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by regalguy View Post
I think it is a sign that things have changed as far as people having more disposable income to purchase boats and get back out on the water. I know that doesn't help you at all but things have been trending up over the last few years. A good sign for slip owners and marinas who are looking to rent or sell. As an owner at Mt View who has a slip for sale I am seeing lots more activity than a few years ago. hope things work out
The Town of Gilford web page said that from April 2014 to October 2015 -- 15 slips sold 9 at Mt View, 1 on A - 3 on B - 1 on E - 2 on I - 2- on J
1 at Gilford Y C #23
5 at Glendale Y C #36 #47 #60 #B1 #B6
Looks like they got very good Deals.
Ms Molly McKever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 01:39 PM   #7
Descant

Thanked 1,518 Times in 985 Posts
Default Slips for rent or sale

Usually, if I recall correctly, there are several listings on this site's classified paes for sale/rent slips. This year, there are several listings from people looking for slips, not many listings of availability. With an early ice-out this year, I'd have to guess that slip and even valet availability will be closed out soon. I've heard dealers say in past years, that fi they don't have access to a slip, they can't sell the boat. Where did Glendale Marine go? When the state bought their site, did that create a shortage of valet in the Gilford area?
Descant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:10 AM   #8
scubajay1153

I noticed the same, that most are looking and not many are listing also. Anyone know who owns the slips behind the VCA on Union Avenue in Laconia? Can't find any info on them to call and inquire.
scubajay1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:23 PM   #9
Winnitoon

Default VCA slips

All slips at VCA on Union Ave have been rented by Anchor Marine. All of last years renters are looking for slips. That's nine more people looking for slips in Pagus. Supply and demand. Anchor now located at the Pagus Bay sales building across from McD's. It's it short walk behind the buildings.
Winnitoon is offline   Reply With Quote