Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
Sue Doe-Nym

Red face Verizon Stores

If you need a good dose of arrogance and condescension, visit Lakes Region
Computers in Center Harbor, right next to Heath's supermarket. They will be sure to point out what you the customer don't know, all done with a smirk. I'll drive the extra miles for better service just to avoid the non-helpful attitude. All we need is another "smart phone", not a smart aleck.

Last edited by Sue Doe-Nym; 08-26-2014 at 01:27 PM. Reason: needed more explanation
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
trfour (08-27-2014)
Old 08-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Sue, don't confuse Verizon stores with re-sellers such as these guys. Verizon store in Rochester, and there is one in Concord. Most other outlets, including BJ's are re-sellers. This doesn't change their need to provide good customer service or they risk bad publicity, which is what they got in return for their poor service,. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
Sue Doe-Nym (08-26-2014), watrskir (08-26-2014)
Old 08-26-2014, 02:34 PM   #3
patman

I've had bad experiences at resellers...and also once at a company store. Having said that, the resellers were worse, and I now always go to a company store and avoid the resellers. (Speaking of which, the shop on Main St. in Wolfeboro where the Verizon reseller was is now vacant...)

The company store in Concord (Ft Eddy Road, plaza next to Hannaford's and LLBean) was waaaay too busy most times I tried to do anything in there. They did 'fix' a problem that a reseller had caused though, so I'll give them points for that.

The company store in Rochester (across the street from Walmart) is a little less busy, but there's still usually a wait. They do keep a list though, so you get waited on in order. We just upgraded to smartphones about 2 weeks ago at the Rochester store, and the sales/tech person did a really nice job. He took time to understand what we needed, answered all our questions, and ran up several 'what if' options for what different plans would cost.

FWIW...we ended up doing the traditional discounted phone price/2 year contract "More Everything" deal instead of their new "Edge" plan, since the break-even period (for us) was about 10 months.

Now if I could just get the kids off our plan to lower our bill...but now that's going to have to wait 2 years.
patman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:58 PM   #4
TheProfessor

Well, there is no excuse for poor customer service.

Find out the store managers name and write a letter. They can't change unless they are aware of it. If you did speak with the store manager - then yes, move on.

Should note that Verizon, AT&T, and others do offer discounts to some.
US Veterans do get a discount on part of the bill. Has to be done at a company store. Cannot be done at any of the re-sellers or franchise stores.
Even if you are in mid contract - the discount will be applied to next bill.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheProfessor For This Useful Post:
trfour (08-26-2014)
Old 08-26-2014, 03:06 PM   #5
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,002 Times in 915 Posts
Default 20% rule

I think that it's hit or miss at any of these, Verizon store or reseller. It appears to depend on the specific sales person that you get. Like any other discipline 20% are very good, 20% jerks and 60% muddle through the day.

We have had both very good and very bad experiences at the same Concord Verizon store. We had good service at the reseller at the Belmont Mall while others here have reported the opposite.

Whoever the sales person, if you get there when they open in the AM they are usually less hurried and more agreeable to taking the necessary time.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2014, 03:42 PM   #6
Chaselady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
Computers in Center Harbor, right next to Heath's supermarket. They will be sure to point out what you the customer don't know, all done with a smirk. I'll drive the extra miles for better service just to avoid the non-helpful attitude. All we need is another "smart phone", not a smart aleck.
Really sorry to hear this. We went to this store when it was up on the hill, where Baygulls is now. They were very helpful with our iPhone/ iPad technical glitches we could not figure out. It was almost 2 years ago, however. Probably new people.
I am a technical moron, and nothing is more intimidating than an arrogant person who makes me feel even more stupid.
Chaselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:48 PM   #7
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
I don't know if you are male or female but some rednecks will treat women as if they don't know much about anything. IMO that is.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:56 PM   #8
rsmlp

Default vz store

gotta disagree. I've had good service at that store.
rsmlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:30 PM   #9
missedbass

I have had better results dealing with Verizon on-line rather than going to the store
missedbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:31 PM   #10
Newbiesaukee

We have had several good experiences with Lakes Region Computers at both their old and new locations. Verizon online has also been helpful over the years. The "real" Verizon store in Concord is usually way too busy.

They just replaced a hard drive at LRC on time and at a reasonable price...my wife handled the entire transaction.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:52 AM   #11
RLW

Smile

missedbass, I was just browsing through the forum and noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum after joining back in October 2013. We are glad that you have come aboard and joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends.

Thanks for joining in on the forum and hope to see a lot more of ya in the following days.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:33 AM   #12
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default As posted in another thread.

I had to call the regional manager about one's reseller's shenanigan and bait switching. He pointed me to a company store and the manager of the store reverse everything and made things right! Both indirectly told me that reseller's and franchises are a PITA. That is why they are so busy. Problem is Verizon makes money from resellers and that is all Wall Street wants.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:13 AM   #13
Barbara

We have been very happy with service at the Newington company store.
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:34 AM   #14
Gatto Nero

We have refused to go back to the Center Harbor store for several years now do to the owners attitude toward service animals. Back when they were up where Bay Gulls is now my wife went in for some reason or other and she took the opportunity bring the puppy that we were raising at the time for Guiding Eyes for the Blind. The dog was wearing is GEB vest but the woman absolutely refused to allow him into the store. My wife explained he was service dog in training and by NH law she had no choice but to allow him to enter. She was not dissuaded in the least. She steadfastly refused to allow him in so my wife left and we have never been back. We could have taken the issue to the Attorney General and gotten the store into some hot water but GEB prefers that we not make a fuss.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:13 AM   #15
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Disability Rights Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto Nero View Post
We have refused to go back to the Center Harbor store for several years now do to the owners attitude toward service animals. Back when they were up where Bay Gulls is now my wife went in for some reason or other and she took the opportunity bring the puppy that we were raising at the time for Guiding Eyes for the Blind. The dog was wearing is GEB vest but the woman absolutely refused to allow him into the store. My wife explained he was service dog in training and by NH law she had no choice but to allow him to enter. She was not dissuaded in the least. She steadfastly refused to allow him in so my wife left and we have never been back. We could have taken the issue to the Attorney General and gotten the store into some hot water but GEB prefers that we not make a fuss.
You should report this nevertheless to the DRC in Concord.