Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2009, 06:47 AM   #1
Just Sold

Unhappy Aug 1 Capt. Bonehead's

I was on the lake yestreday and between the southern end of Cow south of the Barber Pole and up to the Graveyard on no less than 5 occasions we were passed (overtaken) within 50' by other boats at high speeds. This happened with 2 different boats at different times during the day not on just one pass through the area. First we were on a 22' Sea Ray and later a 17' Chris Craft. The most dangerous and this happend 2 times (a few hours apart - same boat and driver) was with an all black Ranger w/a Merc. - a young man and woman on board - that passed within 30' at high speed when we were near the Graveyard. Each time we were not above 20 MPH. We were just cruising slowly enjoying the day. In all my years out on the lake this was by far the worst for Capt. Boneheads I have ever encountered. Was it because we finally got a nice day at the lake or what and did everyone lose their sense of driving courtesy as well? Operator age nor boat size was not a factor as all categories made the Capt's table!

I also noticed that people did not wave as has been a custom. If I waved some did wave back but I only saw a few initiate the boaters wave. Guess we are all too wraped up in ourselves to care. That is a shame.

BTW We also saw that the MP has a jet boat w/no MP markings. They had a boat pulled over by the LI bridge and were doing a safety inspection when we saw them. Wish they had been where we were.

OK I got my rant out.