Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-20-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
Winniboater81

Default Irwin Marina

So I have been on the lake since 1981 and I have never ever been to a marina like Irwin Marina in Laconia. I have been in every marina around the lake over the years, and Irwin's is by far the best. The people there are great, everyone has a smile on their face, everyone is willing to help, just good all around people. I go in there a few times a season to look at all the big new boats they have, I went in two days ago, and they dont have anymore new big boats left. I was talking to the older salesman there, and he said they are having the best year they have had in a long time, all the new big boats (over 30 feet) have been sold, and the boats are flying out of there. He said in the last week they have sold a new 33 footer, a 29 footer, and a 35 footer!!!! I cant believe they are having such a good year. Over the winter they pulled in a youngster to do all the financing and he is getting everyone financed which obvi helps them sell more boats. I thought the banks were not lending as much money on boats anymore?
Even though I dont have a sea ray, the salesman invited me to a big party that Irwin Marina puts on at the Margate this weekend. I guess last year they had over 800 people show up? Anyone know about this?
I would be interested to hear about other marinas in the area and how they are doing, I have yet to make the rounds to check them all out.
Winniboater81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Thumbs up Irwin Marine

Must must agree that they are very professional, helpful and there service is excellent . I do however disagree with you about their boat inventory. This past weekend my brother and I took a test drive on a new 350 Sundeck and a 330 Sundeck so there is an inventory of over 30' Sea Rays available.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #3
ishoot308

Thanked 4,955 Times in 1,921 Posts

" Boats flying out of there",... hmmm....Sounds like the "salesperson" is really doing their job!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:58 PM   #4
VtSteve

I know they have up to a 300 Sundeck, which is pretty huge for a deckboat. But I guess between the bow and the ESP, it's a 26' boat.

There are a ton of brokerage boats for sale this summer, mostly good prices. I haven't seen any indication of deals on new boats that would propel such sales. I'll bet they're "flying" as compared to last year though.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #5
NoRegrets

The 33 Sundancer was sold and being delivered Monday to a nice couple. The 35 Sundancer was sold Saturday or Sunday. I am not sure on the delivery date. Those were the only 2 large NEW curisers they had in inventory. They do have a few others that are not new. I have been fortunate to be in a covered slip in the marina for 10 years and find the crew to be excellent and would second the opinion that it is the best place on the lake!
I am getting ready for this weekend's party!!!!
NoRegrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #6
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRegrets View Post
The 33 Sundancer was sold and being delivered Monday to a nice couple. The 35 Sundancer was sold Saturday or Sunday. I am not sure on the delivery date. Those were the only 2 large NEW cruisers they had in inventory. They do have a few others that are not new. I have been fortunate to be in a covered slip in the marina for 10 years and find the crew to be excellent and would second the opinion that it is the best place on the lake!
I am getting ready for this weekend's party!!!!
Yes the 33 was sold on thursday night after they were holding it for me to test drive on friday (when they knew I was driving 5 hours to see it) and when I got there friday they tried to bait and switch me into the 35 which is definitely not sold as of yesterday per Kevin.
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:15 PM   #7
jrc

I bought two boats there they always treated me well. We couldn't come to terms on my current boat but that was a price issue.

That is their model, they don't bend much on price. They will do anything you ask, they just charge you. You want this boat, this the price. You want us to drive a across the lake and repair your boat, $xx an hour.

They had a couple bozos in there from time to time but they weed them out pretty well. Most of the long term people are good to deal with.

Just remember it's business first, those salesmen are not your friends.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #8
Winopt

Default Irwin is awesome

I purchased a SeaRay 240SD in 2005. They have been terrific in every detail of the boat. I winter store the boat in heated indoor and it is serviced and ready for launch at ice out. They have been professional and responsive to every issue that I have had. I would 100% recommend Irwin as a marina.
Winopt is offline   Reply With Quote