Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
FLAG!

Default Trailer for Pontoon Boat

Looking for a trailer for a 22' pontoon boat. Any local dealer suggestions? I recall seeing one that is adjustable for height. That would be a good option if it means the boat will fit in the garage.

Thanks!
FLAG! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAG! View Post
Looking for a trailer for a 22' pontoon boat. Any local dealer suggestions? I recall seeing one that is adjustable for height. That would be a good option if it means the boat will fit in the garage.

Thanks!
I have bought a LOT of trailers through the Tilton Trailer Outlet. (524-4344)

Always had a good experience and always a fair price!

Dan
ishoot308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
FLAG!

Thanks Dan!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
FLAG!

Thanks Dan!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default AMERICAN Trailer Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAG! View Post

Thanks!
FLAG,

See if you can find an AMERICAN brand trailer for a Pontoon boat. They are made by KARIVAN.

I bought one for my 23' Welcraft 232 and saved quite a bit of money. All the data plates were marked KARIVAN. I think the only difference in is the Decals they put on. Same assembly line. In the morning as the production line starts it calls for the first 25 trailers get the Karivan decals and the next 25 to get the American decals.

I got mine at Shep Browns, The marina in Gilford next to the Marine Patrol offices used to carry them also.

I would also follow up on Dan's suggestion on TILTON Trailer.

Good Luck!
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WINNOCTURN For This Useful Post:
FLAG! (03-12-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
codeman671

I second the Trailer Outlet in Tilton. Joe is great. We have picked up quite a few there.

There is another place that I see in craigslist often, down towards Plaistow but I do not see them posting presently.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to codeman671 For This Useful Post:
FLAG! (03-12-2013)
Old 03-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
Greene's Basin Girl

Call Melvin Marina. They sell pontoon boats. They sell many used as well as new boats and trailers.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post:
FLAG! (03-12-2013)
Old 03-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
Irrigation Guy

As others have said, Trailer Outlet. Joe is a real straight shooter. He is also a trailer distributor as well as dealer. He doesn't sell anything but trailers, trailer parts, and service.
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #9
Winnisquamguy

I bought a 22' Yacht Club from Joe maybe 3-4 years ago. I bought it to stickily put the boat in with and take it out. I did take the boat and trailer up to Ossipee Lake a few years ago and I was going up RT25 doing 65 and she was straight as an arrow. The price was under $2000.00 and didn't think you could beat the price. Joe is the fairest guy I know selling anything.Good luck in your decision.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #10
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

I think what you are looking for is a Center Lift Pontoon trailer.... These will allow for some up and down movement... However that does come with a cost. They are not the best trailers if you will be transporting you boat over the road on a regular basis. Bunk style trailers are best for that as they get the pontoons up higher and offer better protection for the pontoons themselves...

With that in mind I would look around craigslist and the like you are probably likely to find something used and in good condition if you are patient.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:41 AM   #11
Belmont Resident

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamguy View Post
I bought a 22' Yacht Club from Joe maybe 3-4 years ago. I bought it to stickily put the boat in with and take it out. I did take the boat and trailer up to Ossipee Lake a few years ago and I was going up RT25 doing 65 and she was straight as an arrow. The price was under $2000.00 and didn't think you could beat the price. Joe is the fairest guy I know selling anything.Good luck in your decision.
And very knowledgeable and will give you sound advise no matter what you are looking for.
Joe also does just about any repair work you might need on a trailer and if he isn't capable of doing it he will tell you so.
I had him replace the axles on a dump trailer I bought a few years back. He did the work for an excellent price.

Last edited by Belmont Resident; 03-14-2013 at 05:42 AM. Reason: mistake
Belmont Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:39 AM   #12
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
I think what you are looking for is a Center Lift Pontoon trailer.... These will allow for some up and down movement... However that does come with a cost. They are not the best trailers if you will be transporting you boat over the road on a regular basis. Bunk style trailers are best for that as they get the pontoons up higher and offer better protection for the pontoons themselves...

With that in mind I would look around craigslist and the like you are probably likely to find something used and in good condition if you are patient.
The "ladder" style trailers are nice because you can use them to drop a boat on flat ground and remove the trailer if wanted, but are very tippy on the road. On more than one occasion I have felt like my boat was going to tip over on Route 11, even though it was strapped well.

I will only buy bunk trailers from now on.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #13
robmac

Call Bill jr at Shep Browns I have gotten trailers in the past from him
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #14
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
The "ladder" style trailers are nice because you can use them to drop a boat on flat ground and remove the trailer if wanted, but are very tippy on the road. On more than one occasion I have felt like my boat was going to tip over on Route 11, even though it was strapped well.

I will only buy bunk trailers from now on.
Do to the narrow tire stance I am not surprised by this at all... The "ladder" or center lift trailers are designed with a particular purpose in mind... and are not the most robust trailers for traveling down the road.