Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #1
mishman

Default Suggestion for DJ and photographer

Our niece is planning a wedding celebration for the end of September in Whitefield NH. We are looking for a reasonable DJ and photographer. I know there are high end photographers out there for weddings, but we're looking for someone good but also reasonable as these newly weds have a limited budget (he just came back for overseas military service). Any suggestions would be appreciated.
mishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Photographer

At my daughter's wedding everyone had a digital camera, either phone, P&S or SLR. There was an instagram account everyone posted their photos to, and a semi-pro photographer picked from the thousands of photos, the best of the best and created an album. It was astounding! Who needs a professional photographer?

The most popular addition to the reception was a 'photo booth'. Complete with costumes and props. Everyone though that was an excellent idea.

As for DJ, they ask a local radio station to lend one of their DJs. It was phenomenal!

BTW the wedding was featured in the VT Bride magazine as well as Modern Bride. The bride baked all the pastries as she owns 'YupCakes' out on Burlington VT and Brooklyn NY.

Talk about an extravagant wedding on the cheap!

Whitefield is a beautiful area for the wedding. I attended one at Kimball Hill Inn, it was very memorable.

My daughter's wedding was at Stirling Ridge resort in Jeffersonville VT.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
riverat

Matthew Fassett in alton bay is a great wedding photographer with great rates.
Phone: 603 393-7336

Fax:

Email: info@fassett-weddingphotography.com
Old 07-17-2014, 11:14 AM   #4
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Mountainview Grand Hotel?

We have stayed there several times and have seen lots of weddings going on there. If that is where the wedding is going to be, I would be checking in with them. I am sure they have a list of those in the area, and can furnish references.

Big problem getting someone from down in the lakes region to go to Whitefield is that you will most likely be paying travel time. It is over an hour and a half each way from Alton. While you may want the DJ for 4 hours, you may end up paying for 5-8 hours of time, including travel. Ditto for the photographer.

Just a thought. Good luck either way, and congrats to the couple. Thank him for his service.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:56 AM   #5
Woodsy

For a DJ I recommend Terry Moran.. He does a great job. His business is located in Westford MA, but he works all around New England

Crown Entertainment & Marketing
(888) 632-1207

Tell them Woodsy sent ya!
Old 07-18-2014, 07:49 AM   #6
BostonMike

Default Photographer

I don't really post on this site, just occasionally take a look at what's happening up on Winni, but figured I might have something useful to add here. I'm assuming your niece is getting married at Mountain View Grand? I got married there 2 years ago this September, beautiful spot, we loved it.

Anyway, we used a photographer named Kendall Bush, she frequently does weddings at MVG so she knows the place well and we really liked her, thought she was pretty reasonable as far as price as well. Her Website is below. Good luck to you/your niece in the search!

Take Care,
Mike

http://kendaljbush.com/
BostonMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:32 AM   #7
mishman

Default Thanks everyone

Thanks for your responses. Yes she is getting hitched at Mountainview Grand. Some of their recommendations we felt were a bit beyond the budget so that is why we are casting a wider net. Appreciate everyone's thoughts.
mishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:06 PM   #8
RLW

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike View Post
I don't really post on this site, just occasionally take a look at what's happening up on Winni, but figured I might have something useful to add here. I'm assuming your niece is getting married at Mountain View Grand? I got married there 2 years ago this September, beautiful spot, we loved it.

Anyway, we used a photographer named Kendall Bush, she frequently does weddings at MVG so she knows the place well and we really liked her, thought she was pretty reasonable as far as price as well. Her Website is below. Good luck to you/your niece in the search!

Take Care,
Mike

http://kendaljbush.com/
BostonMike , I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum after joining back in August 2010. We are glad that you have come aboard and joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends.

Great to see you on here and you left us all some great info.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:34 PM   #9
kayleigh

Best and reasonable photographer is kim keyes 6035394982
kayleigh is offline   Reply With Quote