Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
Denny Crane

Default Bobcat rental

I need to level out my yard, push around some fill and with loom Does anyone know where I can rent a bobcat for a day in the meredith/gilford area and approx how much to rent? Thank you.
Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
tummyman

Try Middleton Building Supply, Meredith....the former Wickes Lumberyard. They rent all kinds of machinery.
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:40 AM   #3
Belmont Resident

Default They stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummyman View Post
Try Middleton Building Supply, Meredith....the former Wickes Lumberyard. They rent all kinds of machinery.
Middleton discontinued their rental dept and sold off the equipment.
Check out Winnipesaukee Truck they are located on 106 just beyond Belmont firing range heading south, same entrance as the new GMI facility.
They have skid & steer, both tracked and wheeled and all the different attachments to go with it. Great guys they take care of all my diesel truck repairs.
The other place I'd recommend is MB tractor.

Taylor Rental but there equipment is usually not well taken care of and old.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:02 AM   #4
steve mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
Middleton discontinued their rental dept and sold off the equipment.
Check out Winnipesaukee Truck they are located on 106 just beyond Belmont firing range heading south, same entrance as the new GMI facility.
They have skid & steer, both tracked and wheeled and all the different attachments to go with it. Great guys they take care of all my diesel truck repairs.
The other place I'd recommend is MB tractor.

Taylor Rental but there equipment is usually not well taken care of and old.
I would like to say as a contractor, I rent equipment from Taylor Rental in Belmont on a regular basis, not only are their prices fair, there equipment is allways in great shape.
steve mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve mitchell View Post
I would like to say as a contractor, I rent equipment from Taylor Rental in Belmont on a regular basis, not only are their prices fair, there equipment is allways in great shape.
Well then they have changed. My wife rented a small tractor from them which broke down and they refused to refund her anything.
And I rented a clapboard grinder that broke down, I returned it only to have the second one also break. I gave up and bought my own.
I have met some who have had good luck and others like myself who would rather pay a bit more and know it will not break down.
Of course it depends on what you are renting as well. A lift for instance doesn't get the wear & tear as a piece of machinery.

FYI your response sounds more like someone who has a vested interest in the place.

Oh just remembered a fellow poster & I rented a chipper and it was a POS. It wouldn't take anything over 3" without bogging down and it said it would take up to 6" limbs.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #6
RLW

Smile

steve mitchell, I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends. I also have had very good luck at the location that you mention. I have a couple other contractors that also swear by them.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #7
ACutAbove

Ya Steve welcome.
Anyways i have rented from most places in the area and no matter where it is you are going to have issues but most places are good in this area. Remember these places rent stuff. And that stuff has not had an easy life as a rental piece of equipment. So it is smart to take a good look at it before u take it.
ACutAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACutAbove For This Useful Post:
Belmont Resident (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #8
dpg

I've been told by people who have rented Bobcats (I never have) they're tricky to figure out. A good friend said he wished he rented it two days because by the time he had it figured out and actually got anything accomplished the day was practically over. May be a wise investment for the extra $$ to just take it two days.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dpg For This Useful Post:
ApS (11-15-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 AM   #9
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
I've been told by people who have rented Bobcats (I never have) they're tricky to figure out. A good friend said he wished he rented it two days because by the time he had it figured out and actually got anything accomplished the day was practically over. May be a wise investment for the extra $$ to just take it two days.
I guess it depends on what else you've worked with. The first time I drove a bobcat it was very intuitive. But, I've rented a fair collection of medium heavy hydraulic equipment, driven forklifts, etc.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #10
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
Well then they have changed. My wife rented a small tractor from them which broke down and they refused to refund her anything.
And I rented a clapboard grinder that broke down, I returned it only to have the second one also break. I gave up and bought my own.
I have met some who have had good luck and others like myself who would rather pay a bit more and know it will not break down.
Of course it depends on what you are renting as well. A lift for instance doesn't get the wear & tear as a piece of machinery.

FYI your response sounds more like someone who has a vested interest in the place.

Oh just remembered a fellow poster & I rented a chipper and it was a POS. It wouldn't take anything over 3" without bogging down and it said it would take up to 6" limbs.
Try Sunbelt Rentals in Manchester. I've had good luck with them, just rented a little JCB 520 for a week and had no problems at all, it seemed to be very well maintained. Other equipment I looked at in their yard seemed similarly maintained (and you can usually spot poorly maintained hydraulics pretty easily).