Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-15-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
allieb9033

Default Dollar Island

Hey --

I've searched the internet high and low and I cannot find any information on Dollar Island -- most specificially rental rates. Anyone know any information, or place to find information? Its mostly for my own knowledge, so past experience works fine too. Thanks!!
allieb9033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default Dollar Island

Try this link. Not sure how much info you can get from it?

http://newhampshire.hometownlocator....r%20island.cfm
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:01 PM   #3
Kamper

To make a long story short... I used to be friendly with some people who stayed there on a regular basis. I don't know who handles the listings but I believe it is handled through one of the lake area agencies so start asking around and you might get a referral.

I've only been on the island once, for a couple hours when I was out for a Sunday morning cruise about 5-6 years ago. It's about 1/3 to 1/2 acre. Wooded. Generator and propane. I believe the house is two story log construction but I'm not sure. At any rate I stayed on the first floor because not everybody was up yet. The dock is ample for a good sized cruise and a jet-ski or two with a deep water approach. The water around the island is shallow and rockey so probably good for snorkeling. I don't believe there's a lot of open space, mostly trees. At the time my friends were there pets were acceptable but that could have changed.

And that's all I think I know about that without impinging on a friend's privacy.
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote