Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-16-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
hazelnut

Default New Forum Feature?? (Forum Book Swap)

A huge thanks to sa meredith. He is here on vacation and I had the pleasure of meeting him in person at Pier 19. sa and I had been conversing through a series of PM's and discussing book recommendations. He publicly recommended Harlan Coben to me in the "Little Murder" thread. Well after reading a few of his books I was hooked. sa offered to lend me his whole collection and we agreed to meet up. So now I have PLENTY of lakeside reading to take me through a good chunk of the summer.

Thanks again!
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
john60ri

Default Books

Thanks for the post. I worked at Borders/Waldenbooks for many years, and my wife and are big readers. I would be very interested to find out what members are reading this summer. I like to collect older books, so I try to hit all the library sales and used book shops around the Lake. If anyone has any info on these, please respond.
john60ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:54 AM   #3
Bigstan

Default Annies

Surprised nobody brought up Annies book stop in Laconia. 1000's of used books 50% or more off, new books at a discount, and when you're done you can trade them back in towards new books.

We've bought 30 or 40 books each summer for the past who knows how many years. The same woman (that I assume owns it) seems to be there each time, and is helpful suggesting something you might like (ie: if you like X author she'll tell you to try Y author as well).

Highly recommended!

Last edited by Bigstan; 07-19-2009 at 10:27 PM. Reason: poor grammar
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #4
Argie's Wife

The downstairs of the Gilman Library in Alton has a book sale going on all the time. Books are anywhere from a dollar or two each - and there's usually quite a stock of them. Just ask at the front desk where the book sale room is located and the nice gals there will show you!
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
john60ri

Default Books

Thanks to BigStan and Argie's Wife. We have been to Annie's several times. My wife and daughter like to pick up a bunch of novels and romances. I did not know about the Gilman Library in Alton Bay. I will definitely check it out. Hoping for sunny skies next month!
john60ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links