Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-01-2007, 09:35 PM   #1
searay220

Cool New Hampshire Boaters Certificate

I took the online boaters certificate class almost 2 years ago and received my card within just a couple of weeks. This was very easy and simple and with the aid of the book and/or website it was pretty easy to pass. My wife took the online test today and again with an open book style exam passed the first time. I was unaware that now she has to take a proctored exam. Could anybody let me know whats involved with this. Thanks
searay220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:44 PM   #2
NHskier

The law was changed as of January 1 to require proctored exams. You'll find more info at:
http://www.boat-ed.com/nh/index.htm

New Hampshire Boating Safety Course and Exam
Welcome to the official boating safety course developed for the New Hampshire Department of Safety. By passing the online exam, you will be well-prepared to pass the proctored final exam that is required to fulfill your obligation under the law.
NHskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:19 AM   #3
searay220

Wink proctored exam??

Does anyone know what envolved in a proctored exam? Is it an all day thing ? Are you allowed aids such as the NH boating rule book when taking the exam? Can anyone that has done this give me alittle insight. Thanks
searay220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:24 PM   #4
Mee-n-Mac

Arrow Proctored Exam

Quote:
Originally Posted by searay220
Does anyone know what envolved in a proctored exam? Is it an all day thing ? Are you allowed aids such as the NH boating rule book when taking the exam? Can anyone that has done this give me alittle insight. Thanks
You are allowed 1 hour to complete the 60 multiple choice questions (though I think they're pretty loose on the time limit). These questions are the same as you would see on the online tests. I would suggest doing the practice test over and over until it's 2'nd nature. Then do the online "admittance" test (75 multiple choice questions). Passing this gets you a seat for the proctored exam. During the exam you must have nothing on the table except your trusty #2 pencil or pen. So no you can't bring any aids, you must have committed it all to memory. IIRC you must answer 80% of the questions correctly to pass and receive your SBC.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:36 PM   #5
kjbathe

Another way to approach it with confidence is this... If there's little to nothing that surprises you in the freebie NH safe boating booklet, then there's probably little that will stump you during the exam.
kjbathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links