Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-30-2007, 12:09 AM   #1
KTO

Default Did anyone lose something from your boat?

Ok, so that was a little sarcastic. The picture below goes to show what can happen when you don't have a map though!

Found that earlier today while taking my jetski over a rock field. The rock had a nice large gash on it and this shiny piece was taken right off of it...if only people were more careful...
KTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:35 AM   #2
Dave R

Judging by the old welds, it's at least the second time it's happened to that drive too.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:56 AM   #3
ITD

Was this at Center Harbor? I towed a guy last week who lost his prop going on the wrong side of the little island, saw his son paddling the boat with about 6 people in it. He thought it should be better marked, I told him he should get a chart. He had one, said he pulled it out AFTER he lost his prop. Boat was rented from Meredith marina, wonder how much it cost him.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:06 AM   #4
macshpman

Hey KTO Looks to me like you found the first piece of the Capt. Bonehead of the Year Award. That could be used for the trophy base maybe. I'm sure that there must be some other "seasoned" boat parts out there somewhere to complete the trophy. Just have to find a way to keep track of all the "Mishaps" out on the lake.
macshpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:04 PM   #5
KTO

It's funny, I found a piece just like that 2 years ago in about the same place. It is somewhat poorly marked (The area in front of Patrician Shores, Sands of Brookhurst, Farrar Point) but still with a little common sense in the unfamiliar territory, you'd think you'd pull out a map.

We sit out sometimes and just watch boats go over the area, saying "He's gonna hit" and we even cringe as we see boaters pulling skiers over the same area.
KTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links