Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-01-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
Lake Lady 6

Default Meadowbrook Pavilion

Have not been to a concert for two years at Meadowbrook but were given tickets for the Willy Nelson Concert scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. according to the ticket. At 7:50 p.m. we left as Willie had not appeared - by the time we got to the parking lot we heard a roar so assumed he finally showed.

Had four adults sitting beside me with three children approximately nine yrs. old. For some reason the three of them proceeded to sit on the gentleman's lap beside me - a lot of pushing and shoving as children are apt to do. Does anyone know if this is a policy of Meadowbrook to allow children to attend without assigned seating.

All in all a disappointing experience along with the temperature. Willie's tardiness and the temperature might have been bearable if not for the continous bumping and jostling of the kids.
Lake Lady 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
Lakegeezer

Default Great concert

You should have stayed. It was a great concert. He played almost non-stop music, including many of his famous hits. What concert has ever started on time? The warm-up band was great. I didn't catch their name, but it was a NH band with a female vocalist. The nite was a bit chilly, but, it was Willie. Nothing like him. I had no idea he was so good on the guitar.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:20 PM   #3
LadyJane

I've seen Willie here in Ct. Gave me the feeling that I was just hanging out with him on his back porch...so down to earth. Great music.
Am looking forward to seeing a concert at Meadowbrook, maybe this summer. I've never been there. Would love to see Alman Brothers.
LadyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #4
partsman

Default Willie

My wife and I enjoyed the concert last week. The warm up band was a local band and sounded good. While extremely cold, the 50 minute wait and resulting 2 hour concert was well worth the price of the tickets. Willie still has it going on!
partsman is offline   Reply With Quote