Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
GTO

Default copper

Where in the Meredith area can I take copper and sell it for a good price?
Old 10-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
birchhaven

Default ?

where did you come across the copper to sell?
birchhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
fatlazyless

Laconia has a couple or a few pawn shops; one's across from Irwin Ford on Union Ave, and my favorite one, Curbside Treasure's, is close to the Lakeport fire station and the Lakeport dam. I would just walk into Curbside Treasures with a container of used copper fittings; let them take a look-see, and see what they's have to say?

Saturday is 40% off day at Curbside if you need any power tools, or stereo electronics items, and they have so much inventory upstairs and downstairs that they's run out of space to store it all.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 10-12-2011 at 06:29 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #4
jmen24

You have to be kidding me! Folks aquire copper from all kinds of places. It is not some rare metal that can only be aquired by stealing or smuggling, like uranium.

I have a 20 foot length of 3" that I removed from my house that was the stink pipe, when I renovated my bath 2 years ago.

GTO, I would take it directly to Advanced Recycling (though I think the name has changed) in Concord off Hall st. That will be the best price you could get for it. Cut off all fittings and weigh them seperate from clean. The price difference is worth the time.

Trust me, if someone shows up with 4 and 5 foot lengths of supply wire (6 gauge or larger) or long lengths of pipe. They are going to need to explain its origin. People are steeling far more worthwhile things than copper. This spring a group of people took a section of railroad track from the small section at the end of our road. Think about how they explained that one to the recycling center. Each section is 30 feet long and apparently weighs over a ton.

Last edited by jmen24; 10-13-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Added a bold highlight for clarity
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jmen24 For This Useful Post:
GTO (10-05-2011)
Old 10-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #5
GTO

Default wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by birchhaven View Post
where did you come across the copper to sell?
Great question Columbo. Well you can go and unlock your doors again because I think I have a pretty good explanation and an alibi for any any night you want to question. My father in law was a pipe fitter and when he sold us the house, there have been some copper pipes and rolled up copper tubing there for years. When I decided to clean out the basement a few weeks ago, I decided to get rid of it instead of just moving it around like I usually do.
Wow....did I actually just answer that
Old 10-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
birchhaven

It was a pretty simple question, I did not mean anything by it, it just peaked my interest, I am sorry you took it that way, you should know that when you go to scrap it they will ask, so you will have to tell them the story too, Laconia PD is on the look out for copper being scrapped at the moment, FYI (recent robberies of copper and fittings)
birchhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
GTO

Default whew.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by birchhaven View Post
It was a pretty simple question, I did not mean anything by it, it just peaked my interest, I am sorry you took it that way, you should know that when you go to scrap it they will ask, so you will have to tell them the story too, Laconia PD is on the look out for copper being scrapped at the moment, FYI (recent robberies of copper and fittings)
Maybe they will ask me at the scrap yard, but here on the Forum?
I am glad LPD is not looking for water skiis because I was going to go take my posting off of Craigslist
Gatto Nero (10-05-2011)
Old 10-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #8
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Arrow Selling Copper

This place isn't close to Meredith, but they buy all sorts of scraps and they are on the way to the lake or on the way home... sort of.

Granite State Salvage
31 Dracut Road
Hudson, NH 03051
603-882-9325

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
GTO, I would take it directly to Advanced Recycling (though I think the name has changed) in Concord off Hall Street.
You're right jmen, Advanced Recycling is now part of Schnitzer Northeast, part of Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
GTO (10-05-2011)
Old 10-09-2011, 08:38 PM   #9
ACutAbove

Gilpatric metal recycleing in Bristol. should be able to get the number online somewhere
ACutAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:32 AM   #10
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Laconia has a couple or a few pawn shops; one's across from Irwin Ford on Union Ave, and my favorite one, Curbside Treasure's, is close to the Lakeport fire station and the Lakeport dam. I would just walk into Curbside Treasures with a container of used copper fittings; let them take a look-see, and see what they's have to say?

Saturday is 40% off day at Curbside if you need any power tools, or stereo electronics items, and they have so much inventory upstairs and downstairs that they's run out of space to store it all.
And from today's newspaper, comes this article:

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/story...creator-busted

which is probably not too much of a surprise to anyone who has been in the store there. It has a really big inventory of great quality items that totally fills up the space, including their "bargain basement," which they try to sell off at some very reasonable prices. Plus, as mentioned above, Saturday is the big discount day!

One item that had me scratching my head was a working parking meter and steel pole for sixty dollars? A parking meter like that just had to belong to a parking space somewhere, so is there any local parking spaces that are missing their meter? For 25-cents you got to park for one hour.

Oh well....I have nothing intelligent to say here?
Old 10-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #11
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
One item that had me scratching my head was a working parking meter and steel pole for sixty dollars? A parking meter like that just had to belong to a parking space somewhere, so is there any local parking spaces that are missing their meter? For 25-cents you got to park for one hour.
Yup, Concord is missing every parking meter they had in the entire city. If you have any information, you should contact the Concord PD and tell them what you know.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote