Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #1
Wetbiker

Default Vintage PWC Show & Freeride

Any interest in bringing 15-30 Small vintage jetski's Down to say the Weirs for people to look at and check out? Sort of like they do with the antique boat shows. I could get a bunch of People from the Freeride we are having to go down and hang for an hour of so.

Did any of you guys notice the Freeride Last year? We are hosting the same event this year. Any complaints? Feedback?

Thanks

Dave
Wetbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wetbiker For This Useful Post:
SharkBaitDiving (03-22-2013)
Old 03-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
Wetbiker

Noone cares? I personally thought it would be cool.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:44 AM   #3
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Talking Vintage PWC Show

Wetbiker, somehow I missed your original post. This does sound interesting and if you do go ahead with your plans, be sure to add this event to our calenar as well as the other Lakes Region calendar. Perhaps to WMUR's as well. Contact The Laker, The Weirs Times and other area publications too. They just might do a story!

Do you have pictures of last years event? If you are bringing your wetbike and offering rides, you might post one of your very excellent videos in the thread too. Your toy looks like it is wicked fun!

If I were at The Weirs and spotted these vintage PWCs, I would definitely stop by for a closer look. I do have to admit that we only hit The Weirs a couple times a year as it is a long way from our island.

Best of luck with your event!

Celia
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Arrow Weirs Public Dock Event

I strongly suggest that you contact the Laconia Park and Recreation about your event. They may or may not require you to present the event in front of the board members and provide proof of financial responsibility (liability insurance). Because of Bike Week the city has gone 'anal' on events and vendors within the city year round. A big reason you don't see craft shows, health fairs, exhibits in the city.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
Wetbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I strongly suggest that you contact the Laconia Park and Recreation about your event. They may or may not require you to present the event in front of the board members and provide proof of financial responsibility (liability insurance). Because of Bike Week the city has gone 'anal' on events and vendors within the city year round. A big reason you don't see craft shows, health fairs, exhibits in the city.
I file a water event permit with NHMP..... but i think your talking about the "show" part? It would be on the water, in the docking area, but in the inner, where it is very shallow, unless we used part of the beach to beach them? does Smokin stangs mustang show have liability insurance? people are not riding them, just looking and asking questions. Whatcha think?

Also might do something with the NASWA, as far as this is concerned, I havent decided yet. Alot of Guys build custom ski's that are one off and so cool. it would be cool for them to get a chance to show them off.

Heres my latest creation as far as video's. IMO its the best one yet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVOSJEjX2n8

Heres a pic of just 3/4 of the people that were there total last year.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wetbiker For This Useful Post:
Rattlesnake Gal (03-21-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #6
Wetbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post
Wetbiker, somehow I missed your original post. This does sound interesting and if you do go ahead with your plans, be sure to add this event to our calenar as well as the other Lakes Region calendar. Perhaps to WMUR's as well. Contact The Laker, The Weirs Times and other area publications too. They just might do a story!

Do you have pictures of last years event? If you are bringing your wetbike and offering rides, you might post one of your very excellent videos in the thread too. Your toy looks like it is wicked fun!

If I were at The Weirs and spotted these vintage PWCs, I would definitely stop by for a closer look. I do have to admit that we only hit The Weirs a couple times a year as it is a long way from our island.

Best of luck with your event!

Celia
I posted a pic in my last post, I have a few more, maybe i'll post later.

Thats an interesting idea about giving rides on the wetbikes. only problem i could see is with me i cannot carry anyone over 150LBS.... it just wont get me on plane. Also it is usually too rough out mid saturday for riding not to mention giving others rides. But i might be able to do something along those lines on friday in paugus if there is enough interest.

Thanks
Old 03-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #7
SharkBaitDiving

Default Great video!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetbiker View Post
I file a water event permit with NHMP..... but i think your talking about the "show" part? It would be on the water, in the docking area, but in the inner, where it is very shallow, unless we used part of the beach to beach them? does Smokin stangs mustang show have liability insurance? people are not riding them, just looking and asking questions. Whatcha think?

Also might do something with the NASWA, as far as this is concerned, I havent decided yet. Alot of Guys build custom ski's that are one off and so cool. it would be cool for them to get a chance to show them off.

Heres my latest creation as far as video's. IMO its the best one yet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVOSJEjX2n8

Heres a pic of just 3/4 of the people that were there total last year.

Great Video Dave!! Love the Wetbike! I'll look for you around the Lake this summer. Jim - Captain "Out of Control" Shark Bait Diving Adventures
SharkBaitDiving is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SharkBaitDiving For This Useful Post:
Wetbiker (03-22-2013)
Old 03-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #8
Wetbiker

Thanks Captain Jim. I'm getting my open water dive cert. April 20th. I look forward to seeing you around.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #9
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Dave,

Where do you go on the ride portion of the event?
Old 03-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #10
Wetbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Dave,

Where do you go on the ride portion of the event?
Center harbor, and lower Moultonborough Neck...... Also short test rides to paugus Bay
Old 04-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #11
4Fun

I am not sure how much public interest there would be. The trouble is the machines are somewhere between vintage and just old right now. You could probably organize a nice ride with some folks from online PWC forums who have a specific interest.

I do have a nice 87 300SX JetSki I could show off though...
4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #12
Wetbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Fun View Post
I am not sure how much public interest there would be. The trouble is the machines are somewhere between vintage and just old right now. You could probably organize a nice ride with some folks from online PWC forums who have a specific interest.

I do have a nice 87 300SX JetSki I could show off though...
I have Plenty of People that are coming. As you suggested, it has already been done. I'm surprised you said you dont think there would be much public interest. I get Starred down, waved down, and everything in between when i'm out on the wetbike. I guess i can see where your coming from, but they are Vintage. Most of them anyway. some are old, but even some that are "just old" are Rare to see.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #13
4Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetbiker View Post
I have Plenty of People that are coming. As you suggested, it has already been done. I'm surprised you said you dont think there would be much public interest. I get Starred down, waved down, and everything in between when i'm out on the wetbike. I guess i can see where your coming from, but they are Vintage. Most of them anyway. some are old, but even some that are "just old" are Rare to see.
I would go if I was in town since do have an interest in 1st gen PWCs. Wet bikes have always intrigued me. I do have a 26 year old Ski in my back yard so I am not normal either....
4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote