Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-19-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
Irish mist

Default BB Gun attacks, again, on Union Ave Laconia

Just heard on WMUR about 2 BB gun attacks on Union Ave on passing cars by the local punks. Seems Laconia had the same issue a year or 2 ago......seems nothing much changes.
Irish mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
Winnipesaukee

Default I've said it before and I'll say it again...

...NH is a very gun-friendly state. It's only a short matter of time before a victim CCWing returns fire.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipesaukee View Post
... ... . It's only a short matter of time before a victim CCWing returns fire.
If someone were to point a weapon at me, I'd assume it's dangerous unless obvious to me that it's not. Since I know what a "zip-gun" is, the tension would be very high until I was sure.
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
Irish mist

What gets me is that this is the same area (near the hospital) where the last attacks happened. The shots most likely are coming from one of the several three-deckers there. The LPD might want to ask the neighbors which local nitwit has a BB gun.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:07 PM   #5
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipesaukee View Post
...NH is a very gun-friendly state. It's only a short matter of time before a victim CCWing returns fire.
I whole wholeheartedly agree and hope so.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
ronc4424

Thumbs up crime solved

Laconia police arrest 15-year-old for shooting at cars with BB gun
By Gail Ober
Jan 22, 2011 12:00 am
LACONIA — Police have charged a 15-year-old male with two counts of criminal mischief and two counts of reckless conduct for allegedly shooting an air rifle (BB gun) at passing cars on Union Avenue Tuesday afternoon.

Sgt. Gary Hubbard said Patrol Officer Joe Marquis continued to question residents of the area and was able to identify the apartment from where the shots were fired.

"He investigated and found some witnesses who said the saw the barrel of the gun sticking out of a window," Hubbard said.

Hubbard said Marquis was able to recover the BB gun from the apartment.

Police said the incidents happened within one half hour of each other when two separate motorists reported their windshields had been struck by projectiles later identified to be consistent with BBs or pellets.

Hubbard said the boy was released to the custody of his mother and will appear in juvenile court next week.

In a letter to The Daily Sun editor published today (page 5), police Chief Mike Moyer said the juvenile would be "aggressively prosecuted".
Old 01-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #7
This'nThat

Default Speaks volumes, doesn't it?

"the boy was released to the custody of his mother"
This'nThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Should have put him in lock up for few nights......
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #9
Irish mist

Good job LPD I figured it was some kid shooting from a window in one of those apartment buildings. LPD should have asked the neighbors 2 years ago who had the BB gun.....the neighbors knew. Anyway.....happy they got him.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #10
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by This'nThat View Post
"the boy was released to the custody of his mother"
...he should be glad that his mother is not me... little monster...
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Argie's Wife For This Useful Post:
Pepper (01-23-2011)
Old 01-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #11
Heaven

"He investigated and found some witnesses who said the saw the barrel of the gun sticking out of a window," Hubbard said.

This makes it sound like they waited until they were questioned instead of calling the station when they saw the damn thing. Hope that isn't the case
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:48 PM   #12
Irish mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven View Post

This makes it sound like they waited until they were questioned instead of calling the station when they saw the damn thing. Hope that isn't the case
My theory was/is that the neighbors' sort of knew all along who was doing the shooting. People, in general, are passive, so it does not surprise me that the police had to be pro-active in this case. The LPD should have been as pro-active 2 years ago when this punk was playng Oswald from his window.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #13
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife View Post
...he should be glad that his mother is not me... little monster...
Problem is today in our PC world what can his mother or father give him - a time out or curfew. If I did that as a 15 year old I wouldn't be sitting down til I was 16. The parents will probably wind up paying for the windshields. He should be out shoveling snow to make enough money to pay for them.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #14
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Problem is today in our PC world what can his mother or father give him - a time out or curfew. If I did that as a 15 year old I wouldn't be sitting down til I was 16. The parents will probably wind up paying for the windshields. He should be out shoveling snow to make enough money to pay for them.
In Rhode Island..We are taliking about "Licensing"..and showing proof of "$100,000 of Insurance" for anyone mowing lawns or shoveling snow. Minors included.

Kids selling lemonaid in the summer will probably be included in the bill. They have already been sited for selling without a license. You can't make up this CRAP... NB
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:06 AM   #15
RailroadJoe

Better make sure they cite those Girl Scouts for selling those cookies too!
RailroadJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:25 AM   #16
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
In Rhode Island..We are taliking about "Licensing"..and showing proof of "$100,000 of Insurance" for anyone mowing lawns or shoveling snow. Minors included.
So….. if I live in RI and the law passes the way you have written it I will have to have a license and show proof of 100K worth of insurance if I mow my lawn or shovel snow around my house?

Or…did you mean that if someone else other than the owner mows my lawn or shovels snow around my house this law will effect them?
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #17
Argie's Wife

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailroadJoe View Post
Better make sure they cite those Girl Scouts for selling those cookies too!
Oh and don't forget the legal insurance lawsuits for the transfats that's in those cookies that Girl Scout is selling...

(Once again, I duck & run for cover behind my mug of coffee...)
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #18
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:

Kids selling lemonaid in the summer will probably be included in the bill. They have already been sited for selling without a license. You can't make up this CRAP... NB
How do they keep coming up with these laws that (I think) most of us don't want????? Or do a lot of people want them????
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #19
songkrai

The Men and Women in Blue worked like lightning on this one this time.

But it took a letter to editor from a Moultonborough resident back in 2008 to get them to take this kind of assault/crime seriously this time.

Interesting how this works.
songkrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:38 AM   #20
songkrai

My LPD story.

Laconia.

Was with an older gentlemen in Laconia driving/shopping. We stopped at a local gas/store on Union Ave. He went in for one package of cigarettes. The person behind counter asked for ID. OK. That's fine. Even though gentleman was in his 60's - there may be a company policy to ask ALL for ID. Fine. So gentleman shows his current NH drivers license. The clerk/cashier wanted to take it and write it down. WHAT? The older gentelman stated that he would hold onto the drivers license but that clerk could be able to read the date of birth and view picture. NO. Clerk state that he needed to take drivers license and write down or place information into "computer". NO WAY. We left and drive directly to the Laconia Police Department.

Anyone ever been in there. Not user friendly. Nice lady behind the small bullit proof window stated that this has nothing to do with the police. I mentioned the crime of Identity Theft - by the way - Laconia did have a McD's employee stealing CC information.

My friend then asked for a police officer to speak to. Some bookworm came out and pooh poohed the whole thing. No big deal. If clerk in store wants to write down all the information from a customers drivers license then that is fine.

And a perception here: This Laconia officer seemed to exhibit the behavior or attittude that my friend was bothering him from real police work.

Maybe this is a grand over reaction on my age 60's friend. But Identity Theft is big business in the good ole USA.

In my opinion the LPD needs more than just a new building with a skateboard playground in back.
songkrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #21
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
So….. ?

Or…did you mean that if someone else other than the owner mows my lawn or shovels snow around my house this law will effect them?
YES, that's the way the "proposed" law is to be written. They are also trying to define the difference between "Lawn Care" and "Landscaper". Some are saying that "Landscaper" requires Formal Education. Don't ask me to explain it..I Can't. NB
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NoBozo For This Useful Post:
Rusty (01-24-2011)
Old 01-24-2011, 10:20 AM   #22
ClosetExtrovert

Default This past summer

We had a carload of kids with 2 paintball guns trash our neighborhood. I didn't want them brought up on charges. I wanted them to wash the fences and houses they messed up in the middle of the blazing heat - with a toothbrush.
ClosetExtrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #23
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
YES, that's the way the "proposed" law is to be written. They are also trying to define the difference between "Lawn Care" and "Landscaper". Some are saying that "Landscaper" requires Formal Education. Don't ask me to explain it..I Can't. NB
Sounds like pretty typical liberal BS to me. It also sounds like the typical rhetoric of today's society. Nothing anymore is every and "accident" there is always someone to blame, and far be it that anyone pay for the the damages of an accident out of there pocket. Kids have been mowing lawns and shoveling snow to make a few extra bucks for years. Now it seems in RI that they want to make that 15 or 16 year kid the responsible party, if something happens. It sucks to have a rock flung from a mower into a window, or to have a slip on the ice. But it sucks more to know that little Johnny isn't going to be able to go over and help out his elderly neighbors with out having to have 100K of insurance, just in case he flings a rock into there window, or can't scrape the snow and ice down to absolute clean pavement.

On the flipside, little Johnny can figure out that if those elderly neighbors aren't home, and they have a protected window, that he can smash it climb in and grab a few things with out getting noticed.

Now I am not saying that we are breeding criminals, but what I am saying, is that this society strips more and more rights away from people, even kids... that they are creating an environment which leads to more crime. Why go out and work for 20K a year at burger king, when if your smart about it, you can steal 20K in a couple of months.

People in this country, have created the current state of society through selfishness and greed.. Hummm kind of sounds like why we separated from England over 200 years ago.... History has a way of repeating itself...

Anyways sorry to rant... I guess I am not moving to RI anytime soon, it sounds worse then Massachusetts.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #24
Chickie

Default Singapore Justice?

Remember the teenage boy, Michael Fay, who was caned for vandalizing cars in Singapore a few years ago? Caning is the routine punishment meted out for such things in that country. If you can receive that kind of punishment for scratching cars, just think what you would get for shooting at them? Wonder if it is time to think about stricter punishment for young hoodlums? Something they would long remember and make them think twice before doing it again.
Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote