Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2006, 07:25 PM   #1
bigdog

Default NH Boat license/regulations for minors ?

Can someone give me information regarding NH boating license regulations in regards to minors. My grandson is 10 yrs old and I have let him drive my boat at times, since he was 8, but strictly under my supervision.

I have taught him about the boating laws, etiquette, and navigation aids, and even docking. I can honestly say, he probably knows more about boat handling, safety, and is more responsible than many of the week-end yahoos
I see racing around the water-ways.

I myself, spent summers on Winni, during the 70's, and starting boating (on my own) when I was around 12. Back then, there was no such thing as being licensed.

What is the official NH law regarding minors operating boats. I personally have my license through the U.S.C.G., so I'm exempt from the NH license laws. Can he operate the family boat without any license requirements, under my supervision? I don't want to a sermon or fine from the Marine Patrol, should I get stopped.

Thanks for any information you can provide!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote