Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-07-2015, 04:35 PM   #1
Just Sold

Thumbs down Johnson's in Northwood

We went to Johnson's on our way home with the boat in tow last evening for a light snack. My wife and I ordered 1 small side of clams, about 10, ($16.99) 1 small order of scallops, ($14.99) about 12, a side of cole slaw, very small, tiny even and I had a tall lemonade on ice with almost no lemon flavor. We did not want fries or onion rings. The clams and scallops were done to perfection. Tarter sauce was sub-par, more mayo than Tarter. Bill total $39.85 including tax. A very expensive light snack. Not going to be eating out at Johnson's again. Just not on my budget and taste requirements.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:36 AM   #2
Acrossamerica

Sounds like you received the standard dinner plate which comes with fries. The fact you did not want the fries does not get you a discount. Don't know the time you arrived but on very busy days restaurants can run out of such things as Tartar sauce and have to improvise. No excuse for the sub-par lemonade unless of course that was also an inprov..

Given that there are no other restaurants even open between the lake and home, the next tow will be a hungry one.

I love all of the Galloping Gourmet critics on this site that look for cheap in price but over the top in quality and quantity and that is on the one day of the year that you all take mom out for a lunch or drop by on the tow home. Try operating a restaurant before being so unforgiving.
Acrossamerica is offline   Reply With Quote