Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-12-2008, 04:46 PM   #1
Pine Island Guy

Default CSPA - a perspective

I’ve been working to obtain a permit with DES for a few months and also just attended the CSPA Workshop they held yesterday in Meredith. Given the horror stories I’d heard and writings on the Forum, I was prepared for the worst… which was totally unfounded!

Everyone at DES has been pleasant to deal with, and also have made constructive suggestions to improve the project and help guide me through the process. The CSPA Workshop was excellent and shows that they are trying to reach out to everyone to explain the new regulations, why they are important, and also make themselves available for Q&A.

Having listened to many speakers at the Workshop (DES, developers/builders, and associated businesses), it was very clear to me that the new regulations not only are more concise and easily understood but that they really tackle the root cause of “destructive development” and promote a much healthier lake. And isn’t lake quality a common theme that we are all agree upon and the reason we are here?

Many thanks to “Shore Things” for an informative and fun day, and it was also great to meet “A Cut Above” in person!

I highly recommend that everyone who wants to understand the CSPA and the role of DES (instead of just guess or complain), should attend the next workshop. It was the best $30 I have spent in a long time (lasted longer than 7 gallons of gas and healthier than 30 McD’s double cheeseburgers!).

PIG
Pine Island Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #2
ACutAbove

Hi PIG, nice to meet you also. Yesterday was another good seminar. alot more people yesterday than the first one. Which is good. That means more people are trying to understand what the DES is trying to accomplish.
ACutAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:03 AM   #3
RLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine Island Guy View Post
I’ve been working to obtain a permit with DES for a few months and also just attended the CSPA Workshop they held yesterday in Meredith. Given the horror stories I’d heard and writings on the Forum, I was prepared for the worst… which was totally unfounded!

Everyone at DES has been pleasant to deal with, and also have made constructive suggestions to improve the project and help guide me through the process. The CSPA Workshop was excellent and shows that they are trying to reach out to everyone to explain the new regulations, why they are important, and also make themselves available for Q&A.

Having listened to many speakers at the Workshop (DES, developers/builders, and associated businesses), it was very clear to me that the new regulations not only are more concise and easily understood but that they really tackle the root cause of “destructive development” and promote a much healthier lake. And isn’t lake quality a common theme that we are all agree upon and the reason we are here?

Many thanks to “Shore Things” for an informative and fun day, and it was also great to meet “A Cut Above” in person!

I highly recommend that everyone who wants to understand the CSPA and the role of DES (instead of just guess or complain), should attend the next workshop. It was the best $30 I have spent in a long time (lasted longer than 7 gallons of gas and healthier than 30 McD’s double cheeseburgers!).

PIG
Thanks PIG so much for your constructive words about the subject. Being at the seminar is so much better as one can ask questions as you stated and you do not have to wonder just what they are trying to say when you read it from a piece of paper which leaves one with more questions and more controversies on the forum. I would love to attend one, but the one that I tried to go to was full up per the person I spoke to. More of these seminars are defiantly needed and in more locations.

Last edited by RLW; 08-13-2008 at 05:54 AM.
RLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:13 PM   #4
Seaplane Pilot

PIG (no offense...)

I'm curious to whom the $30.00 was paid and of it's purpose. Can you share that with us?

Thanks,

SP
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:21 PM   #5
ACutAbove

The cost of the entrance fee is to cover the expence of the function. Hall rental, the food, possiably speakers??? (not sure on that one) hand outs of paperwork.
If I am worng someone else can chime in but Im pretty sure its just to cover these costs..
ACutAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2008, 07:03 PM   #6
islandAl

Default perceived value

As one who has put on seminars for my work, if it’s free, people sign up quickly but usually less than half actually show up. When the attendee puts out cash, the attendance is usually above 90% for the exact same seminar. Just human nature I guess.
islandAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:38 PM   #7
Pine Island Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post

I'm curious to whom the $30.00 was paid and of it's purpose. Can you share that with us?
the $30 was paid to the State of NH, and you had to pre-pay. It was held in the Church Landing Conference Rooms (probably at some cost). An excellent breakfast was provided too, I ate at least $10 worth (a la a PIG).

To IslandAl's point, I believe that $$ also ensured that the people that signed up, really showed up! It was sold out and well attended.

PIG
Pine Island Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:58 PM   #8
steadyon

p i g
great post and I agree with all of your points.

I learned a ton at the first workshop
steadyon is offline   Reply With Quote