Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-14-2024, 10:02 AM   #1
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts
Default Eversource Electric Rates Update

Hi, all!

Just a note that Eversource has reduced their rates as of 2/1 to a lower cost than Direct Energy. It's now 8.29¢/kWh through Eversource (vs. 12¢ or whatever through DE).

Direct Energy "can't" match (they offered 10.5¢ or something), so people will have to cancel and move back to Eversource for the new rate.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 10:40 AM   #2
randalnh

How do you switch back? If I call DE and cancel, will my service automatically revert to Eversource? The Eversource web site does not have themselves as a choice to "switch" to...
randalnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 10:47 AM   #3
John Mercier

I think it is because Eversource (depending on area) is the default supplier.
So cancelling should switch you back automatically - but it wouldn't hurt to call Eversource to verify.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 11:09 AM   #4
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Hi, all!

Just a note that Eversource has reduced their rates as of 2/1 to a lower cost than Direct Energy. It's now 8.29¢/kWh through Eversource (vs. 12¢ or whatever through DE).

Direct Energy "can't" match (they offered 10.5¢ or something), so people will have to cancel and move back to Eversource for the new rate.

I called and accepted their fixed rate of 10.04 cents kwh and a $25.00 gift card. I figured I would rather have a fixed rate than the variable Eversource is currently promoting. Direct Energy did say they are expecting to have even lower rates in 2-3 months at which time I can and will change again.

Thus far, Direct Energy has been responsive and very easy to deal with! Very pleased with their service! They actually answer their phone and you get to speak to a live person right off the bat!!

Dan
Old 02-14-2024, 11:13 AM   #5
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by randalnh View Post
How do you switch back? If I call DE and cancel, will my service automatically revert to Eversource? The Eversource web site does not have themselves as a choice to "switch" to...
As John correctly noted, Eversource is the default supplier. There is no need to call Eversource. I've switched back-and-forth several times and have never called Eversource to confirm they are the default supplier.

We are lucky to have an awesome individual in Long Bay who makes us aware of preferred suppliers the day it happens, both with electric and propane. He's the best!
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Major For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (02-14-2024)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2024, 11:57 AM   #6
John Mercier

I think Eversource does a six months power procurement, while some of the others ''blend'' by doing contracts more than twice a year - but I'm not perfectly sure; I just remember seeing something about it in an article considering whether the PUC should change the practice for the regulated utilities.

Not even sure how the recent bankruptcy of Burgess will play out...
Will that make the RPS credits even more valuable - maybe someone more educated around that subject has an idea what the outcome might be.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 02:42 PM   #7
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I called and accepted their fixed rate of 10.04 cents kwh and a $25.00 gift card. I figured I would rather have a fixed rate than the variable Eversource is currently promoting. Direct Energy did say they are expecting to have even lower rates in 2-3 months at which time I can and will change again.

Thus far, Direct Energy has been responsive and very easy to deal with! Very pleased with their service! They actually answer their phone and you get to speak to a live person right off the bat!!

Dan
I thought about doing the same thing, but over the 17 years we've had Eversource, secondary suppliers have really only beat Eversource for the last 1.5 or so and we've always had fine customer service from them.

Either way, as you note, it's a breeze to swap if necessary.

thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote