Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 03:13 PM   #1
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

I must say, I have read much of this, and still don't get it- hence my thanks to the two previous posts.

That which may seem confusing are my experiences with two of the players:
Pardon me- Gene Clark did marvelous work at the camp, but was a bit of a kook-
Don McWhirter is an arrogant ass-
Old 02-22-2021, 06:20 PM   #2
Randy Owen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPONLY View Post
I must say, I have read much of this, and still don't get it- hence my thanks to the two previous posts.

That which may seem confusing are my experiences with two of the players:
Pardon me- Gene Clark did marvelous work at the camp, but was a bit of a kook-
Don McWhirter is an arrogant ass-
i sold camp belknap a boat 30 years ago. gene was a perfect gentleman and followed our agreement with perfection. i see nothing of a "kook"

i have had business dealings with don too and these were flawless. recently i have had a better opportunity to learn more about don. he supported me in the one of the most corrupt and difficult of battles of my lifetime. i consider myself lucky to call him my friend
Old 02-23-2021, 10:04 AM   #3
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Owen View Post
i sold camp belknap a boat 30 years ago. gene was a perfect gentleman and followed our agreement with perfection. i see nothing of a "kook"

i have had business dealings with don too and these were flawless. recently i have had a better opportunity to learn more about don. he supported me in the one of the most corrupt and difficult of battles of my lifetime. i consider myself lucky to call him my friend
I maintain my respect for all that Gene did, over many, many years, to develop, administer and deliver the "camp experience".
Unfortunately, later in his tenure, he took on peculiar habits- like ill-applied Man-tan and hair coloring. Think small-town N.H.
My point- in this time, were incorrect (unlawful) decisions made concerning the physical/financial existence of the property?
As mentioned earlier, I don't really get all that is going on. Just saying.

I never said Don was stupid- just that he is arrogant. When someone like this gets in stride I always suspect an over-stepping of the bounds to occur.
Again- not knowing what this is really all about, could this be part of the local resistance to information and intent?

I don't know. Just 2c.
Old 05-19-2022, 03:22 PM   #4
fatlazyless

Thursday, May 19, 2022: http://www.sports.yahoo.com/ymca-cam...040100952.html ..... law suit pending

http://www.nhlakesproperty.com/listi...boro-nh-03816/ .... for sale; 13.3 acres and ye olde 1906 island cottage on Farm Island, price-$1,495,000

Well, well, well, well, well, well , and well, well, well, well ...... you know this well is getting repetitious ..... cannot think of an intelligent comment here, but I figured these two links were relevant for posting to this old thread, here ...... and well, well, well, well, well? ....
FlyingScot (05-19-2022), LIforrelaxin (05-19-2022), pondguy (05-19-2022), TheTimeTraveler (05-19-2022)
Old 05-19-2022, 04:14 PM   #5
owenoutdoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Thursday, May 19, 2022: http://www.sports.yahoo.com/ymca-cam...040100952.html ..... law suit pending

http://www.nhlakesproperty.com/listi...boro-nh-03816/ .... for sale; 13.3 acres and ye olde 1906 island cottage on Farm Island, price-$1,495,000

Well, well, well, well, well, well , and well, well, well, well ...... you know this well is getting repetitious ..... cannot think of an intelligent comment here, but I figured these two links were relevant for posting to this old thread, here ...... and well, well, well, well, well? ....
you found an old link from the original listing. The property is not for sale
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2022, 04:37 PM   #6
fatlazyless

..... ok, I actually think I thought of something quasi-intelligent to say!

From a 1914 famous poem by poet Robert Frost who wrote that;

......... good fences make for good neighbors, (or something similar)

Chances are, you put up a good attractive fence to divide the 12-acres and the 9-acres on Farm Island, and suddenly both abutting parties would start to have improved relationship. ........ ye olde NH proverb so sayeth ......

Is probably better in long run, and less expensive in short run to pay for fence, than to pay for lawyers, plus you get a fence. With lawyers, you probably get a lot of nothing. .....
Old 05-19-2022, 04:58 PM   #7
XCR-700

Nice profit there, hope it was all worth it.

Life is too short for such madness. There are way too many other options.

Good luck to all parties going forward, and may they never meet each other again.
Old 05-19-2022, 05:01 PM   #8
pondguy

Maybe Randy could just donate his property to Camp Belknap it would be great for the kids.
The Following User Says Thank You to pondguy For This Useful Post:
XCR-700 (05-19-2022)
Old 05-19-2022, 05:09 PM   #9
owenoutdoors

Hey everyone bit of misinformation in the post that revived this thread. The link that was found is extremely old and was from the original listing. Maxfield real estate was the listing company and you can go to their site and see it is not there. For whatever reason sites like these pick up on the MLS and make a listing show on their site. It was just leftover from the original owners. It is not for sale.
The Following User Says Thank You to owenoutdoors For This Useful Post:
Descant (05-20-2022)
Closed Thread