Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-02-2008, 09:58 PM   #1
PennyPenny

Default Where do we go to eat for our Anniversary?

This sat. 9/6 is our 12th anniversary. I/We would like(love) to go for a ride somewhere leaving in the morning and spending the day doing something different and getting away from Carroll and Belknap County. I thought driving across the Kanc would be something different because we haven't done that in years. Don't know where to stop and or do anything in Lincoln? I am pretty sure I can get him to drive to Maine or Vermont. If any of you fellow members have ANY suggestions I would like to hear them. Gotta be a day trip as we have kids to get home to. Signed, Almost Desperate in Sandwich
PS I don't want to stay home and stack firewood!
PennyPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:34 AM   #2
Bullwinkle

Default Where do we eat for our anniversery

The Woodstock Inn is nice for lunch. They brew their own beer and the atmospher is cozy and pleasent.Nice prices and generous portions.
Bullwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:49 AM   #3
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
The Woodstock Inn is nice for lunch. They brew their own beer and the atmospher is cozy and pleasent.Nice prices and generous portions.
A, Happy Annniversary!!
I second the Woodstock Station http://www.woodstockinnnh.com/dining.php, one of my favs in the area. Also the Sunset Grill in Campton is good http://www.sunsetgrillnh.com/
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:05 AM   #4
Zeke

I've always enjoyed some of the Inns in Jackson. This would afford you a drive over the Kanc, though I believe any mountain drive would be in the rain this Sat. Remnants of a fast moving Hanna will be passing through. That being said, check out the Inn at Thorn Hill in Jackson. They have a spa, and the dinners are above compare to what one excpects around here. True gourmet. A bit pricey, but mind boggling cuisine. To bad an overnight is not in the works, as it is quite the romantic getaway, and the packages they have are quite good, when one takes all into consideration.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:21 AM   #5
Dave M

Default Congrats on your 12th

You said you wanted to do something. I'm assuming your changing your attire somewhere along the way.

Lincoln area.
If your into bike riding, Loon has bikes to rent. Brings you up near Cannon Mtn, you ride back on trail. Into hiking, Mt Willard on Rt302. Overlooks Franconia Notch. Also Betton Woods has a resaturant on the Mtn. Take a chairlift, have lunch, awesome scenery. Also can visit the Basin, walk through woods to water cascades. Nice for picnic. Also Mt Washington Hotel is near.
Agree with Woodstock but if you want something different, try the Cafe Lafayette Dinner Train in Lincoln. Its a bit pricey but for an anniversay something you'll enjoy(sit in the dome). Web is nhdinnertrain.com.

Conway area.
Catheral Ledge is a place to go, overlooks Conway. If into swimming, try Diana's Bath(cascades) right down the street from the Ledge. Attitash (Rt302) has horseback riding, rides.
Place to eat is the White Mountain Resort(west side rd). We always stay there when in the area(away from the busy N. Conway area). Restaurant is very good and scenic. Also have a lounge for drink and eats. They have a 2 day special with 2 breakfast and one dinner if you can get away.

These are all in the same area.

If you do the Kanc, there are some hiking trails to cascades/falls. You can do the loop of Kanc from Lincoln,West Side Rd,Rt302,Rt3,Rt93 back to Lincoln.
It may start to get busy this time of the year.

Enjoy.

Dave M
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2008, 08:38 AM   #6
Joanna16

Default How about York, ME?

http://www.cliffhousemaine.com/

http://www.stageneck.com/

http://www.yorkharborinn.com/

We love all these places. Happy Anniversary!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:55 AM   #7
soxie

Default something different

Wow- some great ideas from Dave! If the weather does hold out you might want to check out the "zipline"(www.alpinesnowmobiling.com). Great fun and definitly something different.
soxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:46 PM   #8
NBR

One of our favorite places is Schooner's Landing in Damariscotta, ME but I think thats a bit to far to get back to the kids in a timely manner.

While I think the Woodstock is great I'd want something a bit more upscale for an anniversary. Two places come to mind, the first is the Mt. Washington Hotel which is very nice. The second and my pick would be the White Mountain Hotel and resort thar is on west river road in either Conway or North Conway.

You could go across the Kank turning left on I think Passaconoway Rd but it is the road to the Covered Bridge camp ground. Follow that across to west river road and go north on west river. Before you get there you will make a 90 turn at a stop sign and their entrance is a few miles up the road to the west (left) off W. River Road.

We have been there a few times for lunch. The sea food chowder is great and we love a lemon dessert they have that we just call "Lemon Decadence"

Another option would be Polly's Pancake House in Suger Hill. Also great food and views.

I'd probably rate them 1) White Mountain Resort, 2) Polly's and 3) The Mount Washington Hotel
NBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:01 PM   #9
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts
Default I Suggest...

Nice Day Trip:

http://www.mountwashingtonresort.com/

Just a great place to go sit on the big wide porch and take in the view. Very historic and peaceful..

I'll bet the fine folks at the hotel would arrange a nice lunch for you.

Congrates on 12 years!
Old 09-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #10
Waterbaby

Default Zipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxie View Post
Wow- some great ideas from Dave! If the weather does hold out you might want to check out the "zipline"(www.alpinesnowmobiling.com). Great fun and definitly something different.
There is also a zipline at Wildcat Mountain -- $20 for the first ride and $10 thereafter........... doesn't require the time commitment (2 1/2 hrs plus) or the cash outlay ($85) that the adventure thing in Lincoln does. Hubby and I did the zipline at Wildcat a couple of weeks ago -- totally awesome experience, probably the highlight of my summer vacation! (http://www.skiwildcat.com)
Old 09-05-2008, 01:32 PM   #11
Dave M

Default Another Zipline,etc

To add to the list, you might want to try Tenny Mtn in Plymonth. Its called "Adventure Gorge". Chairlift takes you up to 3200' and then through some Ziplines, Burma bridges(rope), rope ladders,Z-bridges,cables,walkways back to the lodge. A lttle bit of everything. Takes 2 hours or so.

To be honest you should probably forget this weekend due to the weather and plan it where you can enjoy the day.

Dave M
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote