Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
Happy Gourmand

Default Slip rental

What is the going rate for slip rental at the different marinas around the lake?
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
dt5150

most of the ones i see on winni are $2800-3000 for the season. i'd say about 3k average.
dt5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Length based...no way to figure an average.

Most of the marinas, and even private docks, are length based, $xx per foot.

Here is a link to West Alton Marina, and then click on Docks and Valet. It will explain the difference in the different options they have, and then at the bottom of the page is the pricing for each type of docking.

http://www.westaltonmarina.com

Good luck!
Happy Gourmand (03-20-2013)
Old 03-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,002 Times in 915 Posts

Fay's rates are here:
http://faysboatyard.com/?page_id=15
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slickcraft For This Useful Post:
Happy Gourmand (03-20-2013)
Old 03-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default private slips

You can look in the local papers for private slips. They are comparable to the marinas and usually don't have the amenities such as bath house, dining area etc.

You can also look in realtor.com for boat slips.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
Happy Gourmand

Thanks..I'm trying to keep is close...we're in Meredith, halfway between Meredith and Weirs.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #7
Irish Choppers

Default Boat Slip

What size slip are you looking for?
Irish Choppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
Happy Gourmand

boat is 24'
Old 03-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #9
Irish Choppers

Default Boat Slip (Meredith Yacht Club)

I think their's a slip available at Meredith Yacht Club that may be available for $2500.00. That's a very fair price and it's an awesome Marina.

Call 617-827-8464 or email Roye34@comcast.net

I live in Boston but I have a place right next door at Meredith Moorings. Since your in Meredith this might be a good spot for you. Give me a call if you have any questions or are coming buy to see the Marina. Mickey 774-230-7106
Irish Choppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:19 AM   #10
jrc

Did you check the classifieds on this site? I see a slip in Alton for $2100 but $2500 seems more the norm for your basic run-about sized slip.

Be careful some places force you to use their mechanics or use them for winter storage. Consider that when comparing prices.

For example one club has an ad for $3000 but that includes winter storage. Some other place might quote less for only summer, but require you to use them for winterizing and storage. The combined price may be more.

Since I have a mechanic I trust, I could never use a place that forced me to use their mechanic.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #11
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default I agree with jrc

I had my slip at the same marina for almost a decade. I can't tell you how much I pay as the marina never change my fee. I am free to use my own mechanic and detailer. I can take the boat out of the water and do my own repairs.
I shopped around and I notice most marinas will not allow repairs because of insurance regulations? If that is true then their mechanics are not allow to repair boats!

Last edited by BroadHopper; 03-25-2013 at 07:09 PM. Reason: spelling
BroadHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:52 PM   #12
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I had my slip at the same marina for almost a decade. I can't tell you how much I pay as the marina never change me fee. I am free to use my own mechanic and detailer. I can take the boat out of the water and do my own repairs.
I shopped around and I notice most marinas will not allow repairs because of insurance regulations? If that is true then their mechanics are not allow to repair boats!

"I can't tell you how much I pay as the marina never change me fee".

HUH?

I don't quite understand the post.

Many marinas require all contractors working on boats located on their property to provide proof of insurance. This is usually a requirement of the insurance company for the marina itself. They want to reduce their liability by making sure that anyone working on the property has their own coverage.

The marina's own mechanics would already be covered by their liability and worker's compensation isnurance.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #13
robmac

I used to keep my boat in a slip but got tired of cleaning the hull every weekend from it sitting.I now leave my boat at Shep Browns they have in water slips valet service and ramp storage.I have done and been very satisfied with the ramp storage for my last boat and when I got rid of it 2 years ago due to using a mooring cover while on the trail and the cockpit cover the boats finish was still new condition.This season going with valet just call ahead and boats in the water waiting for me,when out its stored indoors on a rack. I over the last 10 years have been nothing but pleased with how they treated my family and I and especially my boat,hats off to the entire crew. And besides I find the rates very reasonable.Just my 2 pennies
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #14
jrc

I understand valet but, what's ramp storage?

If the valet guy chips or scratches the bottom of your boat, who pays? You or them, or maybe your insurance or theirs. I've heard different stories.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #15
Happy Gourmand

Default Boat slip at Aqua Marina at the Weirs

I reserved a slip at Aqua Marina at the Weirs. The slip includes all the amenities of the Yatch club...beach access, pool and hot tub access and this year they will have a bar and grille with full liquor license. At $150 per foot, seems like a great deal, all considered.
If you don't have your slip reserved yet this season, check them out, overall it's a great deal.
We were part of the American Boat Club last year, that includes full club access too. The wife and especially the grandkids enjoyed the pool and other amenities.
Thanks for the input and suggestions.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #16
jrc

Sounds like a fun place, I hope you enjoy it.

Now if this darn ice would just melt so we can get the boats in the water...
Old 03-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #17
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand View Post
I reserved a slip at Aqua Marina at the Weirs. The slip includes all the amenities of the Yatch club...beach access, pool and hot tub access and this year they will have a bar and grille with full liquor license. At $150 per foot, seems like a great deal, all considered.
If you don't have your slip reserved yet this season, check them out, overall it's a great deal.
We were part of the American Boat Club last year, that includes full club access too. The wife and especially the grandkids enjoyed the pool and other amenities.
Thanks for the input and suggestions.
$150 a foot is quite high actually for just dockage, but if the extra amentities are something you will use I think its a good deal. I think they are a bit picky about the # of guests allowed, parking, etc. Doing the math though on your size boat its not bad. There seems to be a fair amount of slips out there in the $3k range this year for varying sizes.

My slip is roughly $83 a foot (will take a 36' boat but I will either have a 31' or 21' in it depending on the day.

I have heard from people that have moved out of there that it is not a great place to be for those that choose to sleep aboard a lot as there is a considerable amount of wave action/motion, but in your case it wont matter.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #18
birchhaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
$150 a foot is quite high actually for just dockage, but if the extra amentities are something you will use I think its a good deal. I think they are a bit picky about the # of guests allowed, parking, etc. Doing the math though on your size boat its not bad. There seems to be a fair amount of slips out there in the $3k range this year for varying sizes.

My slip is roughly $83 a foot (will take a 36' boat but I will either have a 31' or 21' in it depending on the day.

I have heard from people that have moved out of there that it is not a great place to be for those that choose to sleep aboard a lot as there is a considerable amount of wave action/motion, but in your case it wont matter.
couldn't it be looked at like you are paying $142.28 per foot? when your 21 footer is in the slip?
birchhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #19
Happy Gourmand

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post

Another big factor is the location..3 miles from the cottage...down Rte 3, left at the Tamarack and down the road a piece. Seldom is traffic an issue. We racked at Meredith one summer, also 3 miles the other way, but traffic was very often an issue and totally impossible during Bike Week and other Holiday weekends.
Where is your boat docked?
Old 03-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #20
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand View Post
Another big factor is the location..3 miles from the cottage...down Rte 3, left at the Tamarack and down the road a piece. Seldom is traffic an issue. We racked at Meredith one summer, also 3 miles the other way, but traffic was very often an issue and totally impossible during Bike Week and other Holiday weekends.
Where is your boat docked?
We have been at Gilford yacht club for years. Since we come up from Dover it is easy and is islander friendly.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #21
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default what is your docking based on/

Codeman, is the docking based on your slip length, or the length of you longest boat.?

Just curious. I have seen some slips listed as $xx per foot, 20 ft minimum, for example.

Thanks
Old 03-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #22
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
Codeman, is the docking based on your slip length, or the length of you longest boat.?

Just curious. I have seen some slips listed as $xx per foot, 20 ft minimum, for example.

Thanks
GYC slips are privately owned and each owner sets their price. My slips are $3k and $3300. Each will hold a 36' length boat according to club regulations, so it doesnt matter if you have a 17' fishing boat or a 36' cruiser. Same price. Mountainview, Glendale and the other private clubs are usually a flat fee per slip. The $xx per foot is typically found at the marinas.

Fays charges $110 per foot, which I think is about the going rate.
The Following User Says Thank You to codeman671 For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (03-26-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #23
robmac

Ramp storage is where you leave your boat at the marina in a designated spot and load it in and out of the water when you want to use it
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote