Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2010, 07:43 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Default e-coli:Dockum Shores drinking water

Today's Oct 21 www.citizen.com has a report that the Gilford Water Dept has found e-coli bacteria in the drinking water system at Dockum Shores located along the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee with about 60 different homes connected. Most likely, a large number of these waterfront Dockam Shores homes are super-duper, big money, mega-expensive, million dollar & multi-million dollar waterfront homes.

Is that a Town of Gilford system or is it a private system that is operated by a private water well contracter that gets occasionally tested by the town?

Oopsie-doopsie...I mispelled Dockam as Dockum....sorry...should be Dockham..

Last paragraph:

"For those who decide not to boil water, an eighth of a teaspoon of bleach can be added per gallon (common household bleach containing 5.25 percent sodium hypochlorite should be used, not bleach containing perfume, dyes or other additives)."

And, the obvious alternative is to pick up a couple gallons of bottled water for cook'n and brush'n your teeth, or just fill up that olde blue colored, water container for camping, down at Gilford Town Hall. I wonder if bottled water is chlorinated.......hmmmm......it must be? I have no clue?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 10-21-2010 at 08:13 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote