Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-30-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Default Winni River put-in & H1N1 vaccine

Always looking for ways to save money, am thinking about shooting two birds with one stone, figuratively. Besides offering an excellent launching spot to kayak the Winnipesaukee River in Laconia, the Walgreens also offers $18.99 H1N1 flu vaccinations for New Hampshire residents, 18 years & older. Do not know if the vaccination is by a needle or a liquid swallow, or a pill or whatever?

What's the Forum's medical opinion? Is it safer to kayak the Winni River on January 1st or to get vaccinated at Walgreen's?

I plan to ask the Walgreen's vaccinator for a 90% discount in exchange for doing an eskimo roll demo just off-shore their lower parking lot....lol!
Old 12-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Sounds like fun. Just make sure you get everything you will need when you catch pneumonia.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
breathe easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post

What's the Forum's medical opinion? Is it safer to kayak the Winni River on January 1st or to get vaccinated at Walgreen's?
I provide direct patient care and I got the H1N1 shot as well as the regular flu shot from my employer back in October-not at Walgreens. I don't know about getting a shot from a pharmacist so I'd vote for the kayak.
The nasal spray is for those under the age of 50.
I can say that the H1N1 shot ached for about 2 days and I was queasy for about 24 hours. If I had to do it all over again, I would just say no to the H1N1 vacine.
breathe easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:01 PM   #4
jmen24

Less,
Here is what you do, paddle the river and display some of your rolls for anyone that will watch. When you are enroute to LRGH to receive your treatment for Hypothermia, request that you would like a H1N1 shot because pneumonia is sure to follow in the next few days anyway, so you should get bumped up the list and put in the at risk catagory. That is truely killing two birds with one stone.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote