Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-20-2014, 07:19 AM   #1
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Laconia Oil

http://laconiaoil.com/

They seem to have a good base. Any comments?
Old 03-20-2014, 09:30 AM   #2
Lakeboater

My neighbor had been a long time Fuller customer. She came home after being away for the weekend to find herself out of oil and her house 42 degrees. No luck getting thru to Fuller so she tried another local company who came out and got her going and then filled her tank. She switched to them and the new company put a sign on the oil fill telling Fuller not to deliver.
Lakeboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #3
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,064 Posts
Default Feeling good...

On Monday, my wife called Fuller Laconia to order a delivery. We were right at a quarter tank of Kerosene. Phone answered in about a dozen rings.

The lady looked up our account and said that by their records, we should be at about 40%, and thanked us for letting them know.

She said they did not have any Kerosene, but would have a delivery and we should get oil next week. Ok, is it time to get worried??? Fortunately, we do heat primarily with wood, so our dependency is lessened somewhat on oil.

About 20 minutes ago, right after our driveway was plowed, Fred Fuller Oil truck pulled into our driveway. I had not shoveled out the path to the tank and the driver said "no problem". I did thank him for the delivery, and he thanked us for staying with Fuller.

We can now continue to be happy Fuller customers, and are pleased that we are getting our "senior" rate along with the prompt pay discount.

Some Fuller stories do have a happy ending.
KPW (03-21-2014)
Old 03-20-2014, 10:25 AM   #4
Happy Gourmand

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
On Monday, my wife called Fuller Laconia to order a delivery. We were right at a quarter tank of Kerosene. Phone answered in about a dozen rings.

The lady looked up our account and said that by their records, we should be at about 40%, and thanked us for letting them know.

She said they did not have any Kerosene, but would have a delivery and we should get oil next week. Ok, is it time to get worried??? Fortunately, we do heat primarily with wood, so our dependency is lessened somewhat on oil.

About 20 minutes ago, right after our driveway was plowed, Fred Fuller Oil truck pulled into our driveway. I had not shoveled out the path to the tank and the driver said "no problem". I did thank him for the delivery, and he thanked us for staying with Fuller.

We can now continue to be happy Fuller customers, and are pleased that we are getting our "senior" rate along with the prompt pay discount.

Some Fuller stories do have a happy ending.
From many other posts, this story is not ended.
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:42 AM   #5
HellRaZoR004

My question now is why hasn't the media picked up on the issues once again? What happened to the state review of Fuller's prepaid contracts?
HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #6
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,064 Posts
Default Just a quick clarification...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRaZoR004 View Post
My question now is why hasn't the media picked up on the issues once again? What happened to the state review of Fuller's prepaid contracts?
While we are on "automatic delivery", we do not pre-buy our oil. Heating primarily with oil, we find it better to have our money in our checking account than in a utilities. We get a senior citizen discount, and we always prompt pay.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #7
HellRaZoR004

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
While we are on "automatic delivery", we do not pre-buy our oil. Heating primarily with oil, we find it better to have our money in our checking account than in a utilities. We get a senior citizen discount, and we always prompt pay.
That's good clarification. It might mean the difference between getting oil because you have money to give them rather than getting oil that was supposed to be bought previously.
HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HellRaZoR004 For This Useful Post:
jeffatsquam (03-20-2014)
Old 03-20-2014, 12:54 PM   #8
GTO

Default other oil companies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
http://laconiaoil.com/

They seem to have a good base. Any comments?
How about any experience with the other companies in the lakes regions, Foley, Stafford, etc? Not just for delivery but for serviice as well
BroadHopper (03-21-2014)