Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-13-2014, 08:22 AM   #1
Old Hubbard Rd

Default Snow fall totals

Would love to know how much snow the Lakes Region & White Mountains received this past week? Reports down south have crazy snow fall totals but I have a feeling some areas missed those large snow fall totals. Thanks in advance
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:36 AM   #2
SAB1

Also waiting. I heard the radio say Meridtih got 2 inches. Was hoping for more than that. Anyone know where the line was were it stayed all snow?
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:58 AM   #3
Frdxplorer

It was all (HEAVY) rain in Tuftonboro/Wolfeboro until about 10:30 last night. Snow through the night, but not much more than about 3 or 4 inches on the patio furniture this AM. If it had been snow instead of rain we'd be buried right now.
Frdxplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:01 AM   #4
PaugusBayFireFighter

Not sure about north of the Weirs but we have only about an inch of snow on top of icy slush here by Christmas Island.
The lake had a ton of water on it yesterday and for a few seconds I was able to imagine I was looking at an ice free lake. It was dark out and I could see the reflection of the city lights on the water. I know it was a mirage but it felt good for a couple of seconds.
I figured we had about 20-24" of snow cover yesterday morning when they were still saying 6-12" for us. Had we gotten the foot they predicted we'd now have about 32-36" of snow cover including a new blanket on the ice. With all the rain, above freezing temps and little to no accumulation of snow, I bet we took a few inches off the total depth in the last 24 hours. What could have been a ground cover of 3 feet is now well under 2 feet with mild temps ahead.

I think the people hoping for spring made out pretty good!
PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:43 AM   #5
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Not much in Alton Bay...

When I went to bed around 1 AM, there was a dusting of snow grains on my front porch rail. When I got up this morning, there was an inch, maybe, of snow. Now, there is about 2 inches of light fluffy snow.

Glad the track of the storm went the way it did!!!!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #6
RLW

Smile

Up here on Alton Mountain we have a little over 3" of fluffy stuff with hardly any ice on the driveway (Hot top) and what is there is rough and not that slippery. What was soft ice yesterday has frozen before the snow so is smooth and no slush as many have steadied they had. Temp now here is 12.6 with the wind at this reading at 11.1mph coming from the ENE. Wind chill is -4.9 degrees.