Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-29-2005, 07:45 PM   #1
Taz

Default M.V.Y.C. assessment?

Rumor has it that MVYC members will be having a $1500 assessment.
Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 10:50 PM   #2
Rinkerfam

If the rumor is true, will slip owners be the only ones affected? I wonder if valet customers will see an increase in fees other than what is typical.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:42 AM   #3
Gilligan

Question MVYC or Town of Gilford?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz
Rumor has it that MVYC members will be having a $1500 assessment.
I hope you are talking about the Gilford Town real estate property assessment value changes. Like many properties, Mountain View Yacht Club slips have been re-assessed. No surprise that the values have all gone up.

Or, are you talking about an assessment by the MVYC to the members? There is no hint of that on the MVYC web site. At the last few annual meetings there were discussions about avoiding any member assessments. What would this be for?

IMO, one of the inequities at MVYC is that the maintenance fee and any assessments are the same for every slip. The big ones and the small ones. Those assessed at $18,000 and those that are selling at $160,000 all pay the same fee to the club.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:04 PM   #4
Taz

Gilligan -

I wish I had better news. The information that I have heard is that the assessment if for a new wall on A Dock. I hear that it can be repaired, but that is not the way some of the board members would like to go. I do not know if an engineer has looked at the job to state that it does need to be replaced.

So, the long and the short of it is that A Dock is to be rebuilt and MVYC members will be assessed $1500. Wonder when the bill will come....just before it's time to splash the boat??

Taz
Old 09-30-2005, 01:17 PM   #5
GWC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligan
IMO, one of the inequities at MVYC is that the maintenance fee and any assessments are the same for every slip. The big ones and the small ones. Those assessed at $18,000 and those that are selling at $160,000 all pay the same fee to the club.
If everyone has the same "common" facilities available for their benefit, then is it only fair that all pay an equal amount for said access to "common" facilities?

Remember, nobody owns a dock - the Lake and that within are the state's - just ask Concord.
GWC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2005, 07:36 PM   #6
Paugus Bay Resident

We heard about the A dock retaining wall as well. If you walk it, it's really leaning in quite a bit. The older part of B doesn't look to be in much better shape. The plan, as I'm told, is to re-do A similar to the way the lower part of B was done this spring.

Last edited by Paugus Bay Resident; 10-02-2005 at 09:24 PM.
Paugus Bay Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 08:48 PM   #7
Gilligan

Arrow Why I think MVYC flat fee is inequitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWC...
If everyone has the same "common" facilities available for their benefit, then is it only fair that all pay an equal amount for said access to "common" facilities?
Equal access to common facilities does not justify the flat rate club fee in this circumstance. Recognize that it is not logical but is probably unchangeable. MVYC is a club but the slips are treated as condominium slips. Each slip has an owner who pays a town tax bill based on the value of the slip. Each owner (member) has a MVYC club fee which is the same for all slip owners. It isn’t an equitable or fair system. Here’s why.

What constitutes COMMON facilities? They include the buildings and grounds, roads, bath houses, beaches, playgrounds, parking areas (but not all the parking areas), water, electricity, the bulkheads and retaining walls.

There are 20 slips on "A" dock. Each has a bulkhead area behind the boat of at least 18 to 20 feet. Contrast that with the 26 slips on "I" dock each with 9 or, if you are lucky, 10 feet of bulkhead behind the slip. That’s HALF the common area. No parity with common facilities (bulkhead) usage in this instance.

The expensive slips at "A" dock can accommodate boats up to 44 feet long and 15 feet wide. On the other extreme is "I" dock which can handle boats up to 24 feet long and 8 feet wide. Almost half the boat size. The "A" dock slips have piers (common facilities) that go beside the boat so you can get on and off easily. The "I" dock has NO piers. You get on and off at the back of your boat. Beside your boat on "I" dock is another boat, no pier. "I" dock slip owners seem to pay the lowest rates in town taxes while "A" dock owners pay the highest taxes.

Which boaters do you expect to use more of the common facilities? Those with the big cabin cruisers that live onboard much of the season on "A" dock or those with day boats or cuddys on "I" dock? Should each slip owner pay the same fee for use of the common facilities like electricity and water? Would it be more fair to have a fee structure more in line with the price of the slip or the size of the boat it will accommodate? I think so.

While not a big fan of the tax man he does have it right by taxing the bigger, more expensive slips more than the smaller slips. The MVYC has a one fee fits all philosophy for the slip owners. That is where I see inequity. Do the 20 foot open bow rider owners use as much of the common facilities as the owners of the 40 foot luxury cabin cruisers? It does not take a professor to figure that one out. The big boats probably have one or more TVs, VCRs DVDs (pay extra for a cable hook-up but the electricity is COMMON), electric ranges, microwave ovens, water heaters, heaters, air conditioning, hair dryers, blenders, and a host of other items. They generally have more guests more frequently. The 40 footers potentially are used much more often and as live-aboard boats than would be the smaller boats in the smaller slips. By their nature the big slips/boats use more of the common facilities.

The entire club pays for milfoil reduction treatments. It’s good for the club but do owners on "I" dock or "J" dock see any difference in their dock areas? Nope. They do not treat those areas because "I" and "J" docks are not in the MVYC channel. "I" and "J" slip owners rejoice at the thought of less milfoil around the club but they don’t get that “common” benefit at their slips. How about dredging? Same thing I’m told. Equal access to common club facilities? It just doesn’t fit anywhere here.

I am generalizing and using the extremes of "A" versus "I" dock. I understand that all members need to support the club with fees and an occasional assessment. The point is that the smaller slip owners pay a larger share of maintaining common facilities that get used more by the owners of the larger boats.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:25 PM   #8
GWC...

Quote:
What constitutes COMMON facilities? They include the buildings and grounds, roads, bath houses, beaches, playgrounds, parking areas (but not all the parking areas), water, electricity, the bulkheads and retaining walls.

Which boaters do you expect to use more of the common facilities? Those with the big cabin cruisers that live onboard much of the season on "A" dock or those with day boats or cuddys on "I" dock? Should each slip owner pay the same fee for use of the common facilities like electricity and water? Would it be more fair to have a fee structure more in line with the price of the slip or the size of the boat it will accommodate? I think so.

While not a big fan of the tax man he does have it right by taxing the bigger, more expensive slips more than the smaller slips. The MVYC has a one fee fits all philosophy for the slip owners. That is where I see inequity. Do the 20 foot open bow rider owners use as much of the common facilities as the owners of the 40 foot luxury cabin cruisers? It does not take a professor to figure that one out. The big boats probably have one or more TVs, VCRs DVDs (pay extra for a cable hook-up but the electricity is COMMON), electric ranges, microwave ovens, water heaters, heaters, air conditioning, hair dryers, blenders, and a host of other items. They generally have more guests more frequently. The 40 footers potentially are used much more often and as live-aboard boats than would be the smaller boats in the smaller slips. By their nature the big slips/boats use more of the common facilities.

The entire club pays for milfoil reduction treatments. It’s good for the club but do owners on "I" dock or "J" dock see any difference in their dock areas? Nope. They do not treat those areas because "I" and "J" docks are not in the MVYC channel. "I" and "J" slip owners rejoice at the thought of less milfoil around the club but they don’t get that “common” benefit at their slips. How about dredging? Same thing I’m told. Equal access to common club facilities? It just doesn’t fit anywhere here.

I am generalizing and using the extremes of "A" versus "I" dock. I understand that all members need to support the club with fees and an occasional assessment. The point is that the smaller slip owners pay a larger share of maintaining common facilities that get used more by the owners of the larger boats.
Some valid points without reading your deed; however, the real bottom-line remains the same, what does your deed state? GYC, for example lists a parking space as that which is owned. Although the parking spaces are of equal size, the town assesses the assigned dock, not the equal sized parking space that one owns.

Do you really own a dock, or perhaps a parking space of equal size or perhaps an equal share of the property? This is usually the "equality" test for assessments. You are an equal owner of something listed on your deed and share an equal proportion of any assessments, be they to your benefit or not. Joys of "condo" life.

You did reference the bulkheads and retaining walls as "common" and the assessment is for a new wall on A Dock, according to various posts. Not much room for debate.

The board needs to assess the users of extra utilities an additional fee to cover their extra usage, similar to winterizing, not everyone pays the same fee. It's usually a flat fee plus extra for the extra items.
GWC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 07:52 AM   #9
Mashugana

Thumbs down MVYC Flat Condo Fee. Are rentals at a flat fee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWC...
Joys of "condo" life.

The board needs to assess the users of extra utilities an additional fee to cover their extra usage, similar to winterizing, not everyone pays the same fee. It's usually a flat fee plus extra for the extra items.
Good idea GWC... You and Gilligan make some good points.

Let me add to the unequal flat condo fee discussion. Slip rental prices at MVYC varied from $2500 to $5500 for the season. Rental prices have probably gone up but you get the idea. If all the slips are equal in the eyes of the club then why the disparity in rental rates? All the rental slips have the same access to common areas and facilities so all rental slips should rent for the same price. That argument is flawed. It does seem here like the smaller slips help subsidize the larger slips. As you said, "Joys of 'condo' life.
Mashugana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 09:51 AM   #10
Taz

All very interesting and compelling thoughts and discussions, but what I was trying to get at from the first post was if people knew that members were going to get assessed $1500 WITHOUT a vote of the membership. My understanding is that the board does not have the right to appropriate funds for such a large repair without the membership approval.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:57 AM   #11
PROPELLER

Paugus Bay Resident, A wall is not leaning nearly as much as c-e wall was a few years ago. As a matter of fact A wall looks pretty good to me just by eyeballing it. Also c-e was much worse because cars were being parked right up against it & it was never back filled properly. A wall does not have that problem because there is no parking of heavy vehicles against it.

I'm not an engineer but I'm not aware that the board has hired anyone to properly investigate it either, although how would the members know since it is common practice for the MVYC board to keep its members in the dark (intentionally or unintentionally) not sure.

The board & the president were upset with the banter on this forum earlier in the season because allegedly the facts were not straight & the best source of info was the MVYC news letter or board members. So I ask now where is this info from the board or on the newsletter? This could be avoided if they communicated with the members.

A couple years ago the board outlined future projects & had a reasonable approach to financing them over the course of the next few years, A wall being one of them without charging special assessments to the members. If this assessment is true then what happened?
PROPELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 05:22 PM   #12
jrc

While all the MVYC people are watching, I'd like to ask about renting there. Other than the issues already noted, is there anything I should be concerned about as a renter?

I downloaded the rules and it says the season ends after Columbus Day weekend, that makes sense but it say the season starts the day before Memorial Day weekend that seems kinda late.

Also it say no smoking is allowed in the buildings, on the gas dock or anywhere else it's posted. Can you smoke on the boats?
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:34 PM   #13
Gilligan

Thumbs up Renting a slip at Mountain View Yacht Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc
While all the MVYC people are watching, I'd like to ask about renting there. Other than the issues already noted, is there anything I should be concerned about as a renter?

Also it say no smoking is allowed in the buildings, on the gas dock or anywhere else it's posted. Can you smoke on the boats?
You should have no concerns about renting at MVYC. Not all slips are alike as you have already read. Be sure you know what dock and slip you are renting. Other items:

Renters get only one parking pass. If you have other cars you may need to use the guest lot. It could be a bit of a hike depending on where your slip is located.

As a new renter you are not allowed to bring pets (dogs) on the property.

You get all the other benefits.
You are free to poison your lungs while on your boat in the slip. I do not recall seeing any No Smoking signs except in the buildings and by the gas dock and tanks. Just police your butts and keep them off the beach, grounds and out of the water.

You get 2 adult and 2 children tickets (assuming you have children under 14) to the annual picnic. The privilege of using Irwin's at Mt. View YC service. Beaches, bath houses, launch ramp. You get town water and electric service included (I don't drink the water). You can pay a fee for a cable TV hook up at your slip. There is even winter storage that may be part of your season rental package (fees for work, hauling, prep and better storage location - see rules or the office for specifics).

You pay NO tax. You pay NO annual club fee. You do not get charged any assessment (such as that rumored in this thread-starter). You just pay your agreed upon rent.

Last edited by Gilligan; 10-04-2005 at 09:49 PM.
Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 02:22 PM   #14
batman forever

Default Assessment Reply

Since you three (Gilligan, Taz and GWC) seem to have WAAAAYYYY too much time on your hands, let me set you straight on a few points. 1. There will be no assessment to repair A wall as voted by the BOD at their meeting. As is usually the case, the well publicized BOD meeting had all of 4 members there in addition to the Board. Any member's questions were answered and the best interests of the members were served. There will be no raise in dues and no assessment to cover the costs of the necessary construction. Nice work TAZ! 2. If you want to start measuring who uses the facilities more maybe we should institute a punch card system. That way we can see who uses the bathrooms more, or the showers more, or the electricity more just by requiring people to punch in when they use a service provided for by the dues. We could use a token system and have little turnstiles everywhere. Maybe we should only allow so many hours at the beach or better yet, why don't we just decide that boats under a certain length aren't welcome anymore. See how stupid some things sound when someone says them back to you. 3. It's easy for you all to hide behind your screen names and start these off the wall rumours or make equally stupid comments about how the club is run or who the club should hire as a management company but from what I can figure, you three have a pretty poor track record when it comes to the accuracy of your information. Every member has the opportunity to read the Rules and Regulations and the Bylaws before they purchase their interest in the club and they have the ultimate decision whether to buy or not. Next time you want to know what is going on, why don't you just ask or come to the meetings. If you are a member and you have no time to attend the meetings (or no inclination) or you just don't believe anything you hear from the board because conspiracy theories have taken over your brains, or you just enjoy complaining too much, then the solution is obvious, sell your slip, make a nice profit and leave the rest of us to enjoy our club. It could be worse, we could have people like you running the place.
batman forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #15
batman forever

Default A Wall Replacement

So let's see if I have this straight; you are not an engineer but in your "expert" opinion, A wall doesn't look that bad. Do you know how many inches A wall has moved this past Summer? The BOD does. Do you know that the footing has been undermined by the water getting behind it and washing under the wall into the lake? The BOD does. Why do they know? Because they've had engineers look at it and they've monitored it themselves but you wouldn't know that without attending the meetings. Members like you (if you are a member) are kept in the dark because they are more comfortable there. That way they can sling whatever crap they want without burdening their brains with facts. If you are a member, attend the meetings and ask you questions. Otherwise your just another guy who doesn,t vote but bitches about politics. If you aren't a member, why should you care? If you're thinking of buying a slip here, rest assured there isn't a better place to be on the lake.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:36 PM   #16
Aquadeziac

Sheeeeesh bat....who pi$$ed in your cornflakes this morning? Youre answering your own post! One can assertain that since there were only the BOD and 4 members at the meeting and since you know so damned much you must be either on the board or one of those 4 members in attendance. Otherwise you are going on hear-say.(which is what you are accusing these guys of doing)I have found in life that the people that rant the most and actually say the least have an agenda to hide. And you make a lot of noise for only being a member of the forum a week and with 3 whole posts under your belt. Did you join just to opine on this thread? You also seem to be taking it very personally. Is everyone at MVYC so opinionated?
Old 10-10-2005, 07:30 PM   #17
Gilligan

Exclamation Please point out the errors I made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman forever
Since you three (Gilligan, Taz and GWC) seem to have WAAAAYYYY too much time on your hands, let me set you straight on a few points.
Yes, please set me straight. I welcome the opportunity to get my facts right and my information correct.

Quote:
2. If you want to start measuring who uses the facilities more maybe we should institute a punch card system. That way we can see who uses the bathrooms more, or the showers more, or the electricity more just by requiring people to punch in when they use a service provided for by the dues. We could use a token system and have little turnstiles everywhere. Maybe we should only allow so many hours at the beach or better yet, why don't we just decide that boats under a certain length aren't welcome anymore. See how stupid some things sound when someone says them back to you.
My posts pointed out what I believe are obvious inequities in the flat rate condo fee at MVYC. Nowhere did I suggest we measure usage or limit usage or boat length. I made some observations: I pointed out that the more expensive slips had MORE common area (bulkhead space, piers) than the small slips on "I" dock. That is fact. I also observed that the big boats with AC, micro ovens, refrigerators, TVs and such probably use more common facilities and electricity than the smaller day boats use. That sounds stupid to you? Seems like you are putting words in my mouth.

Quote:
3. It's easy for you all to hide behind your screen names and start these off the wall rumours or make equally stupid comments about how the club is run or who the club should hire as a management company but from what I can figure, you three have a pretty poor track record when it comes to the accuracy of your information.
Ouch!! That hurt but I can take constructive criticism. Please let me know what inaccurate information I have posted here on the forum. I thought I had an EXCELLENT record of accuracy.

Why not see this thread I started to alert MVYC members to a REGULAR Board Of Directors meeting:
Forum thread MVYC REGULAR board meeting

This seemed to cause allegations about rumors of a SPECIAL meeting rather than a REGULAR meeting. The Board then spent hundreds of $$$ to send snail mail to each member telling them it was a regular and not a special BOD meeting. Can you find anything in MY posts there that are in error? I can't find any errors (the info came from the MVYC web site).

Or how about my accuracy regarding the alleged MVYC April 2005 Open House? It was NOT listed on the MVYC web site - was it real?
MVYC April Open House Thread
A perfect illustration of inaccurate information from the MVYC web site, NOT from me.

Quote:
It could be worse, we could have people like you running the place.
Thanks for your vote of confidence. It might be people like you that allow certain activities at MVYC to go unquestioned. Again I ask you to point out ANY inaccuracies in any facts I have presented. My opinion is, of course, my opinion.

Just because I choose to be anonymous does NOT make any of my observations or the facts I present invalid (no matter how many times you and others make that claim).

Good Day batman forever (yeah, and we all know you are Bruce Wayne and your boat is the BatBoat or something) .

Last edited by Gilligan; 10-10-2005 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Thanks Aqua, good points. I was composing when you posted.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:42 PM   #18
batman forever

Default My apologies

You know what Gilligan, you're right. I apologize to you for lumping you in with the others. Your posts have been accurate although your bringing up the inequities of the fee structure seems to be aimed at enraging the masses or something. I don't recall any such proposal being raised at the Spring owners meeting when the opportunity arose. I guess I've been listening for too many years to people complain about things around the marina but when they get the chance to stand up in a public forum, they choose otherwise. Also, I can sight examples around the marina where people with small boats more than make up for a neighbors boat size by how much they are around. Some large boat owners only use their boats one weekend a month, how do you deal with that? I don't mean any disrespect, but because a boat takes up a bigger chunk of water, doesn't mean it's using more electricity or water than the 24 footer next to it. If you want to propose a different system that is fair for all than see you at the next meeting in January. But a blanket statement that bigger boats use more is just as bad as you say the current system is. Again, I am sorry for lumping you in with the others, my mistake. Good day SS Minnow from the BatBoat
Old 10-10-2005, 09:01 PM   #19
batman forever

Default Reply to Aquadesiac

Yes I guess we are this opinionated. Sometimes it gets us in trouble. No I am not working from hearsay. You found me out. My overly pissy remarks stem from the original rumor about the assessment. Starting that kind of stuff is a little irresponsible when the person stating it all didn't show up at the meeting to hear for themselves what was going on. And yes, I did join to opine on this topic (nice word). Since when does a person's number of posts make them less qualified to speak on the forum? I'm sorry if my goal in life doesn't include as many posts to the forum as possible. The facts are, there is no assessment coming so the original post was wrong.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:06 PM   #20
batman forever

Default A Wall Replacement

My "A wall replacement" post was to Propeller, the "I'm no engineer" guy. Sorry if the blood splatter hit anyone else. And now, I leave you all to your forum filled with rumors and innuendo. Have fun with your guessing, you have all Winter to make up more stuff.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:12 PM   #21
secondcurve

Default Glad I'm not there

Bruce:

I have no interest in your club. I've never been there and I don't plan to go anytime soon. However, as an independent observer, I have to say that you are way out of line. You would do much better if you tried to reason with the other club members. Just a thought from the quiet side of the lake.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 07:12 AM   #22
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve
Bruce:

I However, as an independent observer, I have to say that you are way out of line. You would do much better if you tried to reason with the other club members. Just a thought from the quiet side of the lake.
I have to agree with Secondcurve.I have no opinion either way on MVYC.I do have friends that own slips there but I have never discussed any goings on there.If Batman is a board member,his tone in his posts is not how I would want to be represented if I was a member.Interesting how Batman scolds others about "hiding behind your screen names".I doubt very much his/her real name is Batman Forever. SS
Old 10-11-2005, 09:38 AM   #23
ITD

Hmmmm, interesting debate, looks to me like the "board" at MVYC should publish minutes of their meetings since only 4 members can find the time or are so inclined to attend. Minutes would allow their whole membership or owners or whatever to be informed as to what is going on and would stop all the rumors that seem to revolve (at least in this forum) about the place. Effective communication usually stops rumors in their tracks.

*** I'm not a member or a user of this place, nor do I really care about it. Just sticking my two cents worth in since this is a public forum and thats what makes it entertaining reading.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:53 AM   #24
jrc

Default Thanks for the answers

Quote:
You should have no concerns about renting at MVYC. Not all slips are alike...
I know there are slips on the finger piers and more expensive bulkhead slips but other than size, are there other considerations?

Quote:
You are free to poison your lungs while on your boat in the slip.
My nicotine addicted family member will be happy. But I don't allow smoking in my cars or house so that will extend to the boat cabin.

Any advice on renting from a private party vs through Irwin?
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:09 AM   #25
Joe Kerr

Question Mountain View Yacht Club Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc
I know there are slips on the finger piers and more expensive bulkhead slips but other than size, are there other considerations?

Any advice on renting from a private party vs through Irwin?
Funny how certain people jump on anything that might be construed as a negative about MVYC but legitimate questions don't get the same response.

The thread started with a RUMOR then seemed to get diverted to the MVYC theme that Forum talk is bad - MVYC web site is the ONLY place for MVYC information. Gilligan's example of the April open house is classic. MVYC web site does not always have the correct information. They now proclaim that there is NO $1500 assessment for member/owners. Leaving the reader with the impression that there might be an assessment of a different amount of money.

Funny how they word things over at Mt. View Yacht Club web pages. Look at their claimed Only Place for accurate MVYC info web site. As of today the club MAP is still out of date. See where the foot bridge is or, more accurately, where the bridge USED to be by C dock. I hear the bridge was removed a year ago. A new one was built in a different place so that Irwin's repair could ride their go carts on it without going on the street.

I'm surprised that jrc has not had any answers yet to his question about the different slip considerations. I hear there are some considerations but would rather MVYC users respond rather than my hearsay.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:38 AM   #26
Gilligan

Exclamation An inflammatory apology and MVYC

Quote:
You know what Gilligan, you're right. I apologize to you for lumping you in with the others. Your posts have been accurate although your bringing up the inequities of the fee structure seems to be aimed at enraging the masses or something.
Thank you “batman forever” for admitting that my posts have contained ACCURATE information. But, you still don’t have it right. You named THREE of US, not quite a “lumping together” IMO.

Your apology is clouded by inflammatory allegations. You claim that my opinion is designed to enrage the masses. I believe that your comments are designed to discredit me and agitate the situation. You can ruin my reputation and a forum thread with those tactics.

The thread was about a rumored assessment – the rumor was not accurate. The last 2 general membership meetings the Board discussed taking care of the retaining walls withOUT the need for any assessment. I was surprised to hear the rumor – but it was presented as a rumor, not the gospel. Then I pointed out what I believe to be an inequity in the MVYC annual fee and assessment structure. Did you read what I said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligan (me) message #7 in this thread
Equal access to common facilities does not justify the flat rate club fee in this circumstance. Recognize that it is not logical but is probably unchangeable. MVYC is a club but the slips are treated as condominium slips...
It (the fee and assessment system) probably won’t ever change. How can you consider that enraging the masses? It seems that you batman are the one trying to enrage. I never suggested that this was brought up at past meetings or implied that we should make a change. Those were YOUR WORDS and ideas, not mine. I believe that it would be difficult if not impossible to change the annual MVYC flat fee structure. The fee system is no secret and perspective member/owners are free to join/buy or not. I am free to point out what I see as the inequities of the system.

I've been waiting for a response to jrc's question about MVYC slips, no one answered him. Where are all the MVYCers who want to see only accurate information? Other good points were made here about the MVYC policy and their Boards' sentiment about this forum. Those topics are different from the assessment rumor and I've heard some new rumors about MVYC which I'll save for a different thread.

batman forever, please open you mind as wide as you open the bat cave. Thank you.

Last edited by Gilligan; 10-27-2005 at 07:41 AM.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:12 PM   #27
Taz

Batman does not know the meaning of RUMOR. It means unsubstantiated information. Look it up in Websters. I never said it was fact. Just wanted to know if any other forum members/MVYC members heard the same dock talk that I did.

Maybe if the board used the MVYC web site and posted up to date information about replacing A wall as the situation unfolded, there never would have been a rumor. I think it is telling that now there are photos and an explanation about the A wall situation after the fact. Why wasn't this information posted as the situation was developing?

reviewing PROPELLERS post he/she never said they were an "expert". As a matter of fact he/she posted they were not an engineer and he/she was eyballing it.

Last edited by Taz; 11-14-2005 at 06:42 AM.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:57 AM   #28
Joe Kerr

Exclamation Good ideas Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz
Batman does not know the meaning of RUMOR. {snip} Maybe if the board used the MVYC web site and posted up to date information about replacing A wall as the situation unfolded, there never would have been a rumor. I think it is telling that now there are photos and an explanation about the A wall situation after the fact. Why wasn't this information posted as the situation was developing?
You have some good points Taz. Batman is still an anonymous person. Maybe a director of that yacht club or maybe someone trying to make the directors look bad.

Has anyone answered jrc's question about the differences in slips over at Mountain View YC?